Format-Converters: OBO2OWL and OBO2EXCEL

Format-Converters: OBO2OWL and OBO2EXCEL

schober

Hello,
Has anybody an idea where I can get a plugin or program for importing
OBO-Format ontologies into ProtegeOWL ? That plugin on
http://faculty.washington.edu/gennari/Protege-plugins/OBO-import/
doesn`t work with my Protege 3.1_beta unfortunately.

I also need a program/script to export OBO-Format ontologies to a simple
Tab delim. txt file or better Excel sheet. Is there a tool for this?

Cheers, Daniel Schober.

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and
any attachment from your computer.

Daniel Schober                                             Bioinformatics
Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine
Room 7, Walter Friedrich Building
Robert-Rössle-Str. 10
13125 Berlin, Germany

Phone:(+49 30) 9406 3125   http://www.heuristic.de.vu   e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Format-Converters: OBO2OWL and OBO2EXCEL

Sira-2

Hi Daniel,

Chris Mungall has kindly answered to the same question (to me) before.
Here's his suggestion:

Yes, the current obo tab is not supported, and is for Protege-classic,
now Protege-OWL

You can convert obo to owl, or download a pre-converted obo ontology.
This question comes up a lot so I've added it to the FAQ for the
National Center for Biomedical Ontologies:
http://smi.stanford.edu/projects/cbio/mwiki-internal/index.php/
CBio_FAQ#Using_Protege_with_OBO_ontologies

Cheers
Chris

have fun,
Sira