Frames to OWL conversion Tools?

Rich Morin
Are there any tools for converting a frames-based ontology to an
OWL ontology?  This may be AI-complete, for all I know, but I'd
like to know the state of the art, possibilities, etc.

-r
--
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     [hidden email]

Re: Frames to OWL conversion Tools?

Alan Ruttenberg-2
There are a couple of papers I looked at before I wrote a custom
translator for the frames version of Reactome:

http://svn.neurocommons.org/svn/trunk/convert/reactome/frames-to-owl.lisp

http://helix-web.stanford.edu/psb06/zhang_s.pdf
http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2006/submissions/abstracts/7.2_Wang_Hai_Protege_conf.pdf

-Alan

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Rich Morin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are there any tools for converting a frames-based ontology to an
> OWL ontology?  This may be AI-complete, for all I know, but I'd
> like to know the state of the art, possibilities, etc.
>
> -r
> --
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich Morin
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     [hidden email]
> http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog     +1 650-873-7841
>
> Technical editing and writing, programming, and web development

Re: Frames to OWL conversion Tools?

Timothy Redmond

Conversion is easy.  In the file menu of Protege there is a convert to
format  button.

-Timothy