Fw: confirm 3c540ca19c710c325272cbfbd55e6e65669bf877

Fw: confirm 3c540ca19c710c325272cbfbd55e6e65669bf877

Campbell, James R

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions to set up the reasoner and use the DL Query tab?  I have an ontology loaded and ELK running but do not get any response when I make an entry in the query window.

Jim Campbell

Re: confirm 3c540ca19c710c325272cbfbd55e6e65669bf877

samsontu
Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you.

How do you know that ELK is running?

Usually you go to the Reasoner menu to select the reasoner you want to use, then select "Reasoner/Start reasoner” to run the reasoner.

In the DL Query tab, write the query as a class expression, select what to query for (e.g., Subclass, Instances), and then click on “Execute” button.

With best regards,
Samson

On Oct 4, 2018, at 10:55 AM, Campbell, James R <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions to set up the reasoner and use the DL Query tab?  I have an ontology loaded and ELK running but do not get any response when I make an entry in the query window.
Jim Campbell

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions to set up the reasoner and use the DL Query tab?  I have an ontology loaded and ELK running but do not get any response when I make an entry in the query window.
Jim Campbell

Re: Fw: confirm 3c540ca19c710c325272cbfbd55e6e65669bf877

James, a couple of things you might want to check in addition to what Samson said: Look at the check boxes on the right of the DL Query form underneath where it says "Query for".  I think the default is that only subclasses are checked. If you are looking for instances they may be getting filtered out because the Instances box is not checked. Also, look at Reasoner>Configure. That will give you a long list of check boxes, the default is they aren't all checked and sometimes people are expecting a certain kind of reasoning (e.g., Inverse properties) and don't see it because the box is not checked on the configuration tab.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 10:55 AM Campbell, James R <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions to set up the reasoner and use the DL Query tab?  I have an ontology loaded and ELK running but do not get any response when I make an entry in the query window.

Jim Campbell

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions to set up the reasoner and use the DL Query tab?  I have an ontology loaded and ELK running but do not get any response when I make an entry in the query window.

Jim Campbell

Re: confirm 3c540ca19c710c325272cbfbd55e6e65669bf877

Campbell, James R

Hi Samson!

Thanks for replying.  I had no trouble starting ELK and can validate it was running as my frustrations mounted.  The problem I faced was that there was no 'Execute' button visible despite your website instructions (once I typed anything) and it was only after a tutorial by a friend Daniel Karlsson that I learned that 'CTRL-SPACE' had special significance in auto-completing class definitions.  Do you really expect those features to be intuitive?

I am building an OWL ontology of LOINC from the SNOMED CT-LOINC harmonized concept model and am going to suggest to the LOINC committee Thursday that LOINC start publishing an OWL version with each release.

It is good to hear from you.

Jim

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions to set up the reasoner and use the DL Query tab?  I have an ontology loaded and ELK running but do not get any response when I make an entry in the query window.
Jim Campbell

Re: Fw: confirm 3c540ca19c710c325272cbfbd55e6e65669bf877

Campbell, James R

Thank you Michael.  I finally got it sorted out when I was informed of the utility of 'CTRL-SPACE' and that format checking had to pass in order that 'EXECUTE' button appear.

Jim