Fwd: Condition widget

Oluwande Adewoyin
Hi.
I am wande. I am new to protege. Pls I want to state restrictions for my object properties through conditions widget but I couldn't locate the condition widget tab on my laptop. Pls how do I go about this?

Thanks
--
ADEWOYIN OLUWANDE O.

Re: Fwd: Condition widget

Which version of Protege are you using?

If you’re using Protege desktop then you can use the “Class Description” view.  See screenshot below

More information about this view cab be found here:

PastedGraphic-1.png (142K) Download Attachment
PastedGraphic-1.png (142K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Condition widget

There are no symbols….  You use the keyword “some” for existential restrictions.  See the documentation here:

for what you can enter.

See the document here

for where you can enter it.

See the documentation here for how to enter it

On 23 Aug 2018, at 09:45, Oluwande Adewoyin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<PastedGraphic-1.png><PastedGraphic-1.png>_______________________________________________

Re: Fwd: Condition widget

Oluwande Adewoyin
Yea,
now i get it but i discovered that i cannot add many restrictions for a particular class. the new restrictions overwrite the previous one i wrote, why?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 4:50 PM Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Whenever you add an axiom to a class it is a necessary condition. I'm attaching a screen print of an example ontology I have for Cars. It's a bit hard to read, you may need to download the image but there is a class called CustomerWithOneCar with the axiom:  "Customer and (hasNumberOfCars value 1)"

If I was to assert that JohnSmith was an instance of CustomerWithOneCar but the value for his hasNumberOfCars data property was 2 then the reasoner would signal an error because the assertion contradicts the necessary axiom that the value for that property has to be 1.

To make a definition necessary and sufficient you need to make the class a defined class (as is the case with the example here). To do that click on the class and select Edit>Convert to defined class.

When you do that any axioms in the SubclassOf pane move to the EquivalentTo  pane and you will see three horizontal stripes on the icon for the class. When you do that the reasoner can infer that various objects are instances of this class. So in this example the reasoner has figured out that JaneDoe is a CustomerWithOneCar because the value for her property hasNumberOfCars is 1.

BTW, have you done the Pizza tutorial? It goes into this stuff. Look at the Protege site, I'm sure there is a link to it. I would send you the version I have but I did it a long time ago and I think the version I have is out of date.

Michael

CarExample.PNG