Fwd: Feature Request

Joachim Baran
Hello,

  Instead of going office-to-office, I thought it is easier to broadcast this feature request here. :)

  I use owl:equivalentClass a lot in one of my ontologies and that creates a visualization problem in the class hierarchy tree.

  I select "View" -> "Show only the active ontology" in Protege 4.3 Desktop, which nicely shows only my classes and equivalences to other ontologies (e.g., "Cell = cell").

  However, it also shows the same equivalence as "cell = Cell" under owl:Thing. This behavior causes a lot of clutter in the class hierarchy view.

  Would it be possible to hide the "reverse" equivalences when "Show only the active ontology" is selected?

Thank you,

Kim

Re: Fwd: Feature Request

Hi Joachim,

In short, no, you can’t do this.  However, if you look in the inferred class hierarchy then the duplicates won’t be shown.

The current behaviour is like it is so that you can select both classes in the UI.  i.e. You can select Cell by clicking Cell = cell, and you can select cell by clicking cell = Cell.