Fwd: peller reasoner to support swrl built-ins :Reg

Fwd: peller reasoner to support swrl built-ins :Reg

sharmi m

Dear Users,

I had installed pellet reasoner with protege4.3 and working on that.
I felt a need to go for swrl-built ins.

After connected with net, I could get installed a version of pellet(using plugin update option), which shows as pellet increment in protege( i do not know what version of pellet makes it as pellet increment in protege).

Now swrl-built ins ( ex: i am using graterThan - ) are successfully reasoned out by pellet increment reasoner.

My problem is the following.

I have netbean java project. from the project i tried to execute the SWRL built-ins. which shows error related to unidentified reasoner.
Which version of pellet support SWRL built-ins?

Now i m puzzled with what version of pellet to be included in java library to execute the swrl built ins(which works fine with protege) from java.

can you kindly tell me?
Hope i have explained the pbm.
anything unclear, pl let me know.

I am struggling with the issue for few days

will u suggest a way?

Re: Fwd: peller reasoner to support swrl built-ins :Reg

Csongor Nyulas-2
Administrator
Dear Sharmi,

This is the 4th time you post the same message to this mailing list in the last 30 hours. We are really sorry that nobody could solve your urgent problem in such a "long" time. Maybe some of us had our own projects to work on.

Why don't you try reposting the same question with a greater frequency? Or wait, better not! You have a question, we got it. If someone will be able to help you they would probably try. No need to spam thousands of people.

If you really feel that a reasonably long time (!) has passed since you posted your question and nobody made a tentative to help you, there is a chance that people didn't understand your question (which is also my case, by the way), in which case you should try to reformulate it, elaborate on it. Don't just resend the exact same email, because that does not help anyone.

Csongor

On 02/11/2015 11:46 PM, Sharmi M wrote:

[...]

Dear all,

Sorry. really I had the doubt that my mail is posted to the user or not ( since i myself did not receive my mail from the group). so i have re-posted. Another mail from group asked me to subscribe once again. Hence the confusion happened.
sorry for repeated mail.

My current problem is related to the problem already posted here:( but i could not find a solution)

I need to use DL Queries with OwlAPI on Java.
I'm using the DLQueryExample.java class, one of the four classes that are included in the implementation that I'm trying to adapt: DLQueryParser.java, DLQueryEngine.java and DLQueryPrinter.java.
My objective is to adapt this implementation, changing the reasoner that is being used(HermiT) to Pellet. For that, i have to use some different classes in the createReasoner() method of DLQueryExample class. Here is the code:

private static OWLReasoner createReasoner(OWLOntology rootOntology) {
  // We need to create an instance of OWLReasoner.  An OWLReasoner provides the basic
        // query functionality that we need, for example the ability obtain the subclasses
        // of a class etc.  To do this we use a reasoner factory.
 // Create a reasoner factory.  we will use HermiT, but we could also
        // use Pellet(http://clarkparsia.com/pellet)
        // Note that (as of 03 Feb 2010) FaCT++ and Pellet OWL API 3.0.0 compatible libraries are
        // expected to be available in the near future).

//using hermit -- works
        //ReasonerFactory reasonerFactory = new ReasonerFactory();
        //OWLReasoner racer = reasonerFactory.createReasoner(rootOntology);
        //return reasonerFactory.createNonBufferingReasoner(rootOntology);

//using pellet
        PelletReasoner r = reasonerFactory.createNonBufferingReasoner(rootOntology);
        return r;

}

This lines of code are giving me an Exception during runtime:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mindswap/pellet/exceptions/PelletRuntimeException
    at com.clarkparsia.pellet.owlapiv3.PelletReasonerFactory.createNonBufferingReasoner(PelletReasonerFactory.java:76)
    at DLQueryExample.createReasoner(DLQueryExample.java:170) ---------> PelletReasoner r = reasonerFactory.createNonBufferingReasoner(rootOntology);
    at DLQueryExample.main(DLQueryExample.java:96)     -------> OWLReasoner reasoner = createReasoner(ontology);
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mindswap.pellet.exceptions.PelletRuntimeException

I really need to use Pellet because I need to have graterThan on my queries and HermiT does not accept it.

Any solution or workaround will be appreciated.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lorenz Buehmann
If you are familiar with Java you would see that those exceptions are usually caused by

a) missing libraries in the Java build path aka. classpath
b) conflicting libraries in the Java build path

so the problem and also question is, which Pellet libraries you have added to the classpath - the easiest way is to download the latest Pellet distribution and add all contained libs to your classpath.