Geographic positioning

babar shahzad

Hi to all,

  Kindly if some one can send a some link to some simple spatial analysis ontology / paper. Actually I am stuck with how will x-y coordinates/ positioning info be returned. I have to use user position info returned from sensors/GPS to find where is him located in a shopping mall scenario.

thank you in advance.

 Babar Shahzad Chaudary,
+358408532112
Deptt of Information Processing
Science,
University of Oulu, Finland.

Re: Geographic positioning

Héctor Gómez
I have the SIG ontology, regards

Hector

2009/2/4 babar shahzad <[hidden email]>

Hi to all,

 Kindly if some one can send a some link to some simple spatial analysis ontology / paper. Actually I am stuck with how will x-y coordinates/ positioning info be returned. I have to use user position info returned from sensors/GPS to find where is him located in a shopping mall scenario.

thank you in advance.

 Babar Shahzad Chaudary,
+358408532112
Deptt of Information Processing
Science,
University of Oulu, Finland.

Hector F Gomez A
UNIVERSIDAD TECNICA PARTICULAR DE LOJA
UNIDAD DE PROYECTOS Y SISTEMAS INFORMATICOS
SISTEMAS DE INFORMACION GEOGRAFICA
www.utpl.edu.ec/sig

Re: Geographic positioning

babar shahzad

sorry, but can you tell what an SIG is ?
I will be grateful to you if its helpful for me some way, you forward me.

________________________________

Re: Geographic positioning

babar shahzad

Thank you for your interest.

Actually we are working on a project for older people.
I have to make an ontology to assist senir citizens in shopping. Ontology should be able to provide information about what products are placed in forthcoming shelves to augmented reality system that will in response, disply that info either as text or pictures in HMD.
what the thing right now I did is

Class hierarchy for Ontology Class is like now:

1) >SeniorCitizen
2) >Aisle
     --->Aisle_1  (sub classes)
     --->Aisle_2
3) >Shelf
     --->Shelf_1 (each shelf contains one product as individual,"Shelf_1 hasValue has_Product has Apple")
     --->Shelf_2
     --->Shelf_3
     --->Shelf_4
4) >Product   (has four individuals, 'Apple', 'Orange', 'Flour', 'Sugar')

Properties:
has_Shelf                 (functional) (Domain:Aisle, Range:Shelf)
has_Aisle                 (inverse functional)(these 2 are inverse properties) (Domain:Shelf, Range:Aisle)
has_product              (transitive) (Domain:Shelf, Range:Product)
product_is_in_Shelf   (transitive)(these 2 are inverse) (Domain:Product, Range: Shelf)
is_before_shelf          (functional) (Domain: SeniorCitizen, Range: Shelf)
is_infrontOf_Shelf      (functional) (Domain: SeniorCitizen, Range: Shelf)
is_in_Aisle               (functional) (Domain: SeniorCitizen, Range: Aisle)
has_x                      (functional) (Domain:SeniorCitizen,Aisle,Shelf; Range:Aisle, Shelf,Product)
has_y                      (functional)

Actually I am trying to see it bit like Pizza Ontology. SeniorCitizen is kind our main class like we have Pizza. Aisle is like PizzaBase, its necessary that each SeniorCitizen is in an Aisle like each Pizza should have a PizzaBase. Here is one question that in Pizza Ontology, eventhough we have two kind of Pizzabase but those were notexplored further in Ontology. Only PizzaBase was made as necessary to be a Pizza. We have many Aisles & we  reach to Shelf through those Aisles. I made "Aisle hasShelf some Shelf", so all 2 subclasses Aisle has inherits this restriction. Now, I am thinking like Both Aisle_1 & Aisle_2 will has 2 N&S conditions of 'has_x' & 'has_y' with both having a range of value like "SOME xsd:integer ≥ "13"^^xsd:integer < "20"^^xsd:integer".  'has_y'will change mostly for Aisles. We get Aisle with this & same we do for 'Shelf' from where we get product.

One  question I got is like in Pizza, there are predetermined type of Pizzas like CheesyPizza, so corresponding instances were classified under it. SeniorCitizen, in our case has run time deciding attributes, how will it be classified. Class hierarchy & properties Screen shots are attached, since I did not have completed has_x, has_y properties as the thing I describe above about these came as suggestion into my mind why composing this message.

 Babar Shahzad Chaudary,
+358408532112
Deptt of Information Processing
Science,
University of Oulu, Finland.

________________________________

SescON_Class_Hierarchy.JPG (168K) Download Attachment
SescON_Properties_Hierarchy.JPG (165K) Download Attachment

Re: Geographic positioning

John Goodwin
W3C has written ontologies for describing coordinate/geometry info

 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/geo/

John

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU
Tel: 08456 050505
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

Re: Geographic positioning

Leyla Jael García Castro

I do not know if I well understood your question. SIG is exactly the same as GIS but SIG is the acronym used in Spanish. Is there any connection between GIS an Protégé? If there is, I would like to know more about it.
Anyway, if you are looking for a GIS definition, this could help: http://www.gis.com/whatisgis/index.html

Best,

Leyla

> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:48:17 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [protege-owl] Geographic positioning
>

> sorry, but can you tell what an SIG is ?
> I will be grateful to you if its helpful for me some way, you forward me.
>

> Babar Shahzad Chaudary,
> +358408532112
> Deptt of Information Processing
> Science,
> University of Oulu, Finland.

Windows Live™: Discover 10 secrets about the new Windows Live. View post.

Re: Geographic positioning

babar shahzad

Thanks a lot Leyla,
thanks for providing information about SIG acronym too !

Well, as far as connection between protege & GIS/SIG is concerned, actually I was asking for help on using ontology for geographical mapping. Like mapping user, using coordinates to a real location in some indoor domain.

Now I look my question again; & really its ambiguous, I believe was typed hurriedly. I hope now rewording would have make it clear enough for you & others.

Thanks a lot for your interest in the problem .