Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

Riccardo Paolini

Dear all,

I'm studing, about my thesis, the possibility of representing knowledge in the domain of films and possibility of interaction to rent they.
We want to represent this knowledge whit concept of ontology.
In particular, I would like to know how to write specifications for an ontology and if there're a specific graphic methods for modeling ontology.

Thank you very much.

Riccardo

Re: Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

walid.bayounes
good afternoon
hi , you can use the software : semanticwork 2006 edited by altova cooperation

Re: Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

NEHEMIAH MAVETERA

Hi Riccardo

I am not sure if Jay and Ray can not answer that. From Sri's argumant of
a line that can be represented as an ontology, you can get a lot of the
way forward there.

Perosnally, I looking at representing an ontology as a CG and the map it
to machine langugae through some computational theory which I still have
to develop or be advised from our colleagues.

This alone is the way , I think , we can use ontology at run time in
software applications.

Once again members of the discussion group, do not leave me alone on
this one pliz.

Regards

Nehemiah

Nehemiah Mavetera(PhD(IT, UP, current); PM (NL); BSc (Hons) (ZW); MCSSA;
MSAICSIT; (SA))
Senior Lecturer- Information Systems
North West University
www.uniwest.ac.za
Tel: +27183892143
Fax: +27183892090

Can we isolate reason, and is it, so regarded, an independent source of
concepts and judgements which spring from it alone? From  I. Kant,
Critique of Pure Reason, A305-B362
>>> [hidden email] 07/25/06 12:05 PM >>>

Dear all,

I'm studing, about my thesis, the possibility of representing knowledge
in the domain of films and possibility of interaction to rent they.
We want to represent this knowledge whit concept of ontology.
In particular, I would like to know how to write specifications for an
ontology and if there're a specific graphic methods for modeling
ontology.

Thank you very much.

Riccardo

Re: Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

Rip, Frans

I wonder to what degree CmapTools Ontology Editor (COE) rel. 4.01 is
considered useful.
It can be downloaded from http://cmap.ihmc.us/coe/

Frans I. Rip
GeoDesk Wageningen UR

I'm studing, about my thesis, the possibility of representing knowledge
in the domain of films and possibility of interaction to rent they.
We want to represent this knowledge whit concept of ontology.
In particular, I would like to know how to write specifications for an
ontology and if there're a specific graphic methods for modeling
ontology.

Thank you very much.

Riccardo

Re: Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

clynch
Frans,

Your suggestion was presented at the Protégé Conference today. I have used
this process for the last couple of years as well and find it quite useful.
I have attached the abstract, but it may be filtered out, so the url to
download it is
http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2006/submissions/abstracts/9.3_garcia
etal-protege2.pdf

Cecil Lynch

I wonder to what degree CmapTools Ontology Editor (COE) rel. 4.01 is
considered useful.
It can be downloaded from http://cmap.ihmc.us/coe/

Frans I. Rip
GeoDesk Wageningen UR

I'm studing, about my thesis, the possibility of representing knowledge
in the domain of films and possibility of interaction to rent they.
We want to represent this knowledge whit concept of ontology.
In particular, I would like to know how to write specifications for an
ontology and if there're a specific graphic methods for modeling
ontology.

Thank you very much.

Riccardo

-- Type: application/pdf
-- Size: 189k (193958 bytes)

Re: Graphic methods for modeling ontology. Are there?

Jennifer Vendetti-2

You may find some of the visualization plug-ins for Protege useful.
They are documented on our Wiki:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegePluginsLibraryByTopic#nid3QH

Another place to look is the graph widget tutorial:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/graph_widget/

Jennifer