Handling multiple ontologies in one project

Handling multiple ontologies in one project

Syed Sajjad Hussain
Hi all,

Is it possible to define multiple ontologies (which should be stored in different RDF/XML files) or import different ontologies in one protege project (.pprj)?

If yes, then how?

Thanks,
Sajjad

steel ontology

mohammad sharifi
hi to all;

i wanna to make a steel ontology.
who can guide me to make this ontology step by steep?

yours
shara

Re: steel ontology

Jyotishman Pathak
I would first recommend learning OWL (if you haven't done yet) - a good place to start is [1]. In addition, you can check out the tutorial by Alan Rector et al. [2].

HTH,
- Jyoti

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/
[2] http://www.co-ode.org/resources/tutorials/ProtegeOWLTutorial.pdf

Jyotishman Pathak
WWW: http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~jpathak

[protege-owl] Re: steel ontology

mohammad sharifi
thx alot dear Jyotishman Pathak ;

but i already studied them  and

know can you or any other make an ontology in any field that

know help me in making a special ontology in steel field?
in which way  i can start to making practical ontology?

plz help me?

yours

shaifi

<A onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/PMHM3/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com" target=_blank>PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

--
Jyotishman Pathak
WWW: http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~jpathak

[protege-owl] SPARQL

Klaus Schaefers

Hi, does any one know how to formulate a SPARQL-query to get the class of an instance, or all instances of one class?

I have tried something like

SELECT ?subject ?object

WHERE { ?subject owl:Class ?object }

But it didn’t work? Has anyone a suggestion?

Thanks,

Klaus

[protege-owl] Re: SPARQL

Rinke Hoekstra-3
Try using owl:subClassOf... for finding the superclass of classes, and
rdf:type for finding the type (i.e. class) of an individual.

owl:Class is a class itself, and not a property.

-Rinke

--
--------------------------------------
Rinke Hoekstra         [hidden email]

[protege-owl] Re: SPARQL

John Goodwin
in the

(?subject owl:Class ?object)

the middle expression (where you have put owl:Class) should be a property.

Try replacing it with, for example:

(?subject rdfs:subClassOf ?object) - this lists all classes and their subclasses

or

(?subject rdf:type ?object) this lists all instances of all the classes.

I'm having trouble issuing queries like

SELECT ?subject
WHERE (?subject rdf:type p1:B) though. These seem to fail - even though the instances get listed in the query

SELECT ?subject ?object
WHERE (?subject rdf:type ?object)

Maybe a namespace issue...

John

Hi, does any one know how to formulate a SPARQL-query to get the class of an instance, or all instances of one class?

I have tried something like

SELECT ?subject ?object

WHERE { ?subject owl:Class ?object }

But it didn’t work? Has anyone a suggestion?

Thanks,

Klaus

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU
Tel: 023 8079 2000
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

[protege-owl] Re: SPARQL

Hai Wang

Hi Klaus,
You could try the following.
Regards
Hai

On 2 Feb 2006, at 10:01, Klaus wrote:

> Hi, does any one know how to formulate a SPARQL-query to get the
> class of an instance,

SELECT ?class
WHERE { :instanceName a ?class }

> or all instances of one class?

SELECT ?instances
WHERE {?instances a :className}

> I have tried something like
>

> SELECT ?subject ?object
>
> WHERE { ?subject owl:Class ?object }
>

> But it didn’t work? Has anyone a suggestion?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Klaus

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

[protege-owl] Re: SPARQL

Rinke Hoekstra-3

> (?subject rdfs:subClassOf ?object) - this lists all classes and their
> subclasses

Oops, yes, that's what I meant too. owl:subClassOf does not exist.
Sorry,

        Rinke

> or
>
> (?subject rdf:type ?object) this lists all instances of all the classes.
>
> I'm having trouble issuing queries like
>
> SELECT ?subject
> WHERE (?subject rdf:type p1:B) though. These seem to fail - even though
> the instances get listed in the query
>
> SELECT ?subject ?object
> WHERE (?subject rdf:type ?object)
>
> Maybe a namespace issue...
>
> John

[protege-owl] Re: Handling multiple ontologies in one project

Nick Drummond
Sajjad,

In Protege-OWL you can do this using the owl:imports statement.
Details of how this is implemented and how to use multiple sources are
available at [1]

Cheers

Nick

[1] http://www.co-ode.org/resources/reference/imports/