Help needed in Protege 4.3

Altaf
Respected Sir / Madam

Hoping that you will be fine.

I am using the protege 4.3 64 bit on Windows 7 enterprise edition. When I open the ontology I get NULL pointer exception. The log file is attached. Please find it as attachment.
Secondly I am using the documentation "A Practical Guide To Building OWL Ontologies Using Protege 4 and CO-ODE Tools Edition 1.3". When I put the object restriction of "some" then the reasoner whatever I use Pellet, HermiT the restriction does not work and the inferred Classes hierarchy does not match to the desired logic.

Please guide me in this regards. I would be very thankful to you.

Best Regards

Altaf

protege-3.log (16K) Download Attachment
pizza.owl (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Help needed in Protege 4.3

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Hello Altaf,

On 4/14/2014 11:00 AM, Altaf wrote:
> I am using the protege 4.3 64 bit on Windows 7 enterprise edition.
> When I open the ontology I get NULL pointer exception. The log file is
> attached. Please find it as attachment.

Thank you for reporting the exception.  Someone reported the same
exception in February of this year, but as of yet we've been unable to
reproduce it locally.  Timothy added some defensive code in our GitHub
repository.  I built a Protege distribution from the latest sources and
put it out on our website:

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/protege/5.0/snapshots/protege-5.0.0-beta-05-2014_04_17.zip

If you're willing, you could download this Protege distribution and let
us know if you still get the NullPointerException.  It's in the form of
a ZIP file, so you'd have to unzip it to a location of your choice and
use the appropriate batch file for your platform to run Protege, e.g.,
"run.bat" for Windows.

I've also entered a bug in our issue tracker:

https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/34

Jennifer

Re: Help needed in Protege 4.3

Altaf
Respected Jennifer Vendetti

Hoping that you will be fine.

I am very thankful for the detail answer and the NULLpointer exception is resolved.

But if you can guide me in my second problem I would be very thankful to you. I am using the documentation "A Practical Guide To Building OWL Ontologies Using Protege 4 and CO-ODE Tools Edition 1.3". When I put the object restriction of "some" then the reasoner whatever I use Pellet, HermiT the restriction does not work and the inferred Classes hierarchy does not match to the desired logic. The example file is attached please find it as an attachment.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Jennifer Vendetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

pizza.owl (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Help needed in Protege 4.3

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Dear Altaf,

As I have solved this "mystery" in my response to you from April 15th:
http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Display-problem-with-trees-in-Protege-4-3-tp4660203p4660252.html

The problem is that you mixed up the domain and range of the isToppingOf property.
Domain should be: PizzaTopping, and range should be: Pizza, because a pizza topping is a topping of a pizza, not vice-versa.
Once you make those changes the ontology will classify correctly.

Csongor

On 04/18/2014 06:44 PM, Altaf wrote:
[...]

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye

Jennifer:

Is there is a new version of Protégé – Protégé-5 –, based on the link that you provided in response to Altaf’s question on April 14, 2014?

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/protege/5.0/snapshots/protege-5.0.0-beta-05-2014_04_17.zip

Can we download and install it or wait until the final version is out?

Best Regards,

Kofi

Re: Help needed in Protege 4.3

Altaf
Daer Dr. Kofi Nyamekye

I have downloaded and run it successfully. You can try also. For me it is working fine.

Regards

Altaf

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Dr. Kofi Nyamekye <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jennifer:

Is there is a new version of Protégé – Protégé-5 –, based on the link that you provided in response to Altaf’s question on April 14, 2014?

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/protege/5.0/snapshots/protege-5.0.0-beta-05-2014_04_17.zip

Can we download and install it or wait until the final version is out?

Best Regards,

Kofi

Re: Help needed in Protege 4.3

Dr. Kofi Nyamekye