Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

jblaya
Hi everyone,
This is my first email to this email list. I've recently started working at the Human Diagnosis Project and we're looking to get help on our ontology, specifically transforming it into OWL.

A little about The Human Diagnosis Project. It is a worldwide effort created with and led by the global medical community to build an online, open system that maps the best steps to help any patient. It currently has over 6,000 volunteer physicians worldwide that have created over 1 million cases. By combining collective intelligence with machine learning, we intend to enable more accurate, affordable, and accessible care for all. Human Dx is structured as a partnership between the social, public, and private sectors. Its partners include many of the world’s top medical institutions, boards, and societies.

If you're interested in this project, please contact me, either on this thread or at my email joaquin.blaya -at- icc -dot- humandx -dot- org

Thanks,

Joaquin

--
The Human Diagnosis Project.
One open system.

--
The Human Diagnosis Project.
One open system.
For all of humankind.
Together.

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

jblaya
The format is an internal format created by Human Dx, which we hope to make public in the future, but it's not ready yet. This means we'll need someone who is willing to understand our format and help us transform it.

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

samsontu

> On Jul 26, 2017, at 10:50 AM, jblaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The format is an internal format created by Human Dx, which we hope to make
> public in the future, but it's not ready yet. This means we'll need someone
> who is willing to understand our format and help us transform it.

If you can transform your ontologies into Excel spreadsheet format, you can use the Cellfie plugin to define rule for transforming the spreadsheet data into an OWL ontology.

Samson
--
Samson Tu                                                      email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Engineer                              web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

Alex Shkotin
I think the key point should be a design of an ontology for your application area, and then transformation.
I rememder we have discussed Medical domain at some web-sessions.

The format is an internal format created by Human Dx, which we hope to make
public in the future, but it's not ready yet. This means we'll need someone
who is willing to understand our format and help us transform it.

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

I don't get it. You can't say anything about your format, so how can
anybody here on the mailing list help you? Is it a request to work for
free on something that is totally unclear? How much time does it take? I
guess most people have a job and it remains open how much time one has
to spend. Note, there are companies out there that provide support in
ontology engineering - maybe this is something that you need? If not,
please provide more details about the task.

On 26.07.2017 19:50, jblaya wrote:

> The format is an internal format created by Human Dx, which we hope to make
> public in the future, but it's not ready yet. This means we'll need someone
> who is willing to understand our format and help us transform it.

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

jblaya
I'm fairly new to the ontology space and so I think the best is for someone who has more experience to work on it directly since I wouldn't even have the correct vocabulary for it. So if people were interested (either for free or not) they could email me directly, but yes suggestions for good ontology engineering companies that hopefully have experience in health would be great.

Joaquin

--

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Lorenz Buehmann [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't get it. You can't say anything about your format, so how can
free on something that is totally unclear? How much time does it take? I
guess most people have a job and it remains open how much time one has
to spend. Note, there are companies out there that provide support in
ontology engineering - maybe this is something that you need? If not,
please provide more details about the task.

On 26.07.2017 19:50, jblaya wrote:

> The format is an internal format created by Human Dx, which we hope to make
> public in the future, but it's not ready yet. This means we'll need someone
> who is willing to understand our format and help us transform it.

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Help-on-transforming-ontology-to-OWL-format-tp4669222p4669235.html
To unsubscribe from Help on transforming ontology to OWL format, click here.
NAML

--
The Human Diagnosis Project.
One open system.
For all of humankind.
Together.

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

Chris Mungall-2
My main advice would be to reuse, not reinvent. There are a lot of ontologies in this space, e.g. HPO.

List of open ontologies can be found here obofoundry.org

You may also want to look at this project (I'm a PI): http://monarchinitiative.org - we're using ontologies extensively for what sound like similar purposes.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:21 AM, jblaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm fairly new to the ontology space and so I think the best is for someone who has more experience to work on it directly since I wouldn't even have the correct vocabulary for it. So if people were interested (either for free or not) they could email me directly, but yes suggestions for good ontology engineering companies that hopefully have experience in health would be great.

Joaquin

--
The Human Diagnosis Project.
One open system.
For all of humankind.
Together.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Lorenz Buehmann [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't get it. You can't say anything about your format, so how can
free on something that is totally unclear? How much time does it take? I
guess most people have a job and it remains open how much time one has
to spend. Note, there are companies out there that provide support in
ontology engineering - maybe this is something that you need? If not,
please provide more details about the task.

On 26.07.2017 19:50, jblaya wrote:

> The format is an internal format created by Human Dx, which we hope to make
> public in the future, but it's not ready yet. This means we'll need someone
> who is willing to understand our format and help us transform it.

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Help-on-transforming-ontology-to-OWL-format-tp4669222p4669235.html
To unsubscribe from Help on transforming ontology to OWL format, click here.
NAML

--
The Human Diagnosis Project.
One open system.
For all of humankind.
Together.

Re: Help on transforming ontology to OWL format

loic Akebayeri-Ovoundaga

Bonjour
Bien recu. Je regarde ca enndebut de semaine et on se vois mercredi à setrag
Bien de chose

On 29 Jul 2017 01:53, "Chris Mungall" <[hidden email]> wrote:
My main advice would be to reuse, not reinvent. There are a lot of ontologies in this space, e.g. HPO.

List of open ontologies can be found here obofoundry.org