HermiT Data Assertions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HermiT Data Assertions

Marko Stupar
I have made datatype property
hasMaritalStatus with domain Person, and
range is specified with expression {"married", "single", "divorced", "widowed"}
 
 
it is on right side of swrl rule, for example  axiom, axiom, .., axiom ->hasMaritalStatus(?person, "married"}
 
Reasoning is finished with no error, but at individuals tab->data property assertions hasMaritalStatus is not shown.
 
Why is not newly assigned data type property visible .
 
Thanks,
Marko

_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HermiT Data Assertions

Timothy Redmond

Inferred data property assertions are not enabled by default.  One of the motivations for this is that there are problems achieving complete inference for inferred data assertion axioms.  You can turn on the display of these inferences by clicking Reasoner->Configure and then enabling Data Property Assertions (the check box one up from the bottom).

Alternatively you can check that the inference was found by looking at the individuals in the class expression

    hasMaritalStatus value "married"

in the DLQuery tab.

-Timothy


On 08/29/2012 11:33 PM, Marko S wrote:
I have made datatype property
hasMaritalStatus with domain Person, and
range is specified with expression {"married", "single", "divorced", "widowed"}
 
 
it is on right side of swrl rule, for example  axiom, axiom, .., axiom ->hasMaritalStatus(?person, "married"}
 
Reasoning is finished with no error, but at individuals tab->data property assertions hasMaritalStatus is not shown.
 
Why is not newly assigned data type property visible .
 
Thanks,
Marko


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HermiT Data Assertions

Alan Ruttenberg-2


On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Timothy Redmond <[hidden email]> wrote:

Inferred data property assertions are not enabled by default.  One of the motivations for this is that there are problems achieving complete inference for inferred data assertion axioms. 

With with hermit? I expect they would consider that a bug. What problems are you aware of?
 
You can turn on the display of these inferences by clicking Reasoner->Configure and then enabling Data Property Assertions (the check box one up from the bottom).

Alternatively you can check that the inference was found by looking at the individuals in the class expression

    hasMaritalStatus value "married"

in the DLQuery tab.

-Timothy



On 08/29/2012 11:33 PM, Marko S wrote:
I have made datatype property
hasMaritalStatus with domain Person, and
range is specified with expression {"married", "single", "divorced", "widowed"}
 
 
it is on right side of swrl rule, for example  axiom, axiom, .., axiom ->hasMaritalStatus(?person, "married"}
 
Reasoning is finished with no error, but at individuals tab->data property assertions hasMaritalStatus is not shown.
 
Why is not newly assigned data type property visible .
 
Thanks,
Marko


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback



_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HermiT Data Assertions

Timothy Redmond
On 9/4/12 10:44 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:


On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Timothy Redmond <[hidden email]> wrote:

Inferred data property assertions are not enabled by default.  One of the motivations for this is that there are problems achieving complete inference for inferred data assertion axioms. 

With with hermit? I expect they would consider that a bug. What problems are you aware of?

There was a discussion about this on the OWL api mailing list a while back.  One consequence was that the javadoc for the OWLReasoner.getDataPropertyValues() call was modified to look like this:

     * Gets the data property values for the specified individual and data property expression.  The values are
     * a set of literals.  Note that the results are not guaranteed to be complete for this method.  The reasoner
     * may also return canonical literals or they may be in a form that bears a resemblance to the syntax of the literals
     * in the root ontology imports closure.

-Timothy



 
You can turn on the display of these inferences by clicking Reasoner->Configure and then enabling Data Property Assertions (the check box one up from the bottom).

Alternatively you can check that the inference was found by looking at the individuals in the class expression

    hasMaritalStatus value "married"

in the DLQuery tab.

-Timothy



On 08/29/2012 11:33 PM, Marko S wrote:
I have made datatype property
hasMaritalStatus with domain Person, and
range is specified with expression {"married", "single", "divorced", "widowed"}
 
 
it is on right side of swrl rule, for example  axiom, axiom, .., axiom ->hasMaritalStatus(?person, "married"}
 
Reasoning is finished with no error, but at individuals tab->data property assertions hasMaritalStatus is not shown.
 
Why is not newly assigned data type property visible .
 
Thanks,
Marko


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback




_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback