HermiT Reasoner freezes Protegé upon "value" class assertion in Class Equivalent To

HermiT Reasoner freezes Protegé upon "value" class assertion in Class Equivalent To

Daniel B.
Hi there! Me again :D

One question. I am currently using the following class assertion in the
Equivalent To section of my class 'Time Fundamental Unit of Measurement':

'has dimension' value 'Time (Dimension)'

The intention is to assert that any entity with the object property 'has
dimension' with the value 'Time (Dimension) is an instance of the class
'Time Fundamental Unit of Measurement'.

When the class assertion is asserted and the HermiT Reasoner is started,
Protegé Freezes.

This problem doesn't arise when the 'some' class assertion is used (E.g.
'has dimension' some 'Dimension'), instead of the one described above using
'value'.

Here is my ontology in case you would like to reproduce the error.

Ontology <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t377156/archive.ttl>

Thank you.

Daniel

-----
Daniel B.
Daniel B.

Re: HermiT Reasoner freezes Protegé upon "value" class assertion in Class Equivalent To

Nicholas Car
Hi Daniel,

Sorry, can’t help with HermiT but have you seen the QUDT ontology about units of measure:

It contains dimensional vectors for all units and measures which looks like where you were going with your work.

Regards,

Nick

—
Dr Nicholas Car
Data Systems Architect
SURROUND Australia
0477 560 177

On 6 May 2020, at 6:54 pm, Daniel B. <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the reference! I am actually trying to build a very specific
ontology and, although that is a great reference, I am trying to create an
ontology with that type of entities and classes myself.

Thank you again though. I will still look for why the reasoner does this. It
shouldn't have to do with what I'm trying to do but HOW I'm doing it
instead, I think.

Daniel

-----
Daniel B.
Daniel B.

Re: HermiT Reasoner freezes Protegé upon "value" class assertion in Class Equivalent To

Igor Toujilov-2
Hi Daniel,
HermiT 1.4.3.456 has processed your ontology in seconds on my machine: Protégé 5.5.0, Java: JVM 1.8.0_121-b13  Memory: 466M on Ubuntu.
Do you use a similar configuration?

Igor

> Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2020 at 9:54 AM
> From: "Daniel B." <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [protege-user] HermiT Reasoner freezes Protegé upon "value" class assertion in Class Equivalent To
>
> Hi there! Me again :D
>
> One question. I am currently using the following class assertion in the
> Equivalent To section of my class 'Time Fundamental Unit of Measurement':
>
> 'has dimension' value 'Time (Dimension)'
>
> The intention is to assert that any entity with the object property 'has
> dimension' with the value 'Time (Dimension) is an instance of the class
> 'Time Fundamental Unit of Measurement'.
>
> When the class assertion is asserted and the HermiT Reasoner is started,
> Protegé Freezes.
>
> This problem doesn't arise when the 'some' class assertion is used (E.g.
> 'has dimension' some 'Dimension'), instead of the one described above using
> 'value'.
>
> Here is my ontology in case you would like to reproduce the error.
>
> Ontology <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t377156/archive.ttl>
>
> Thank you.
>
> Daniel
>

> -----
> Daniel B.

Re: HermiT Reasoner freezes Protegé upon "value" class assertion in Class Equivalent To

Daniel B.
Nevermind. I got it to work!

Thanks

Daniel