Home ontology

Axel Hessler
Hi,

I would like to know if there exists some ontology
describing things and phenomena at home and its surroundings,
i.e. home appliances and other devices, rooms, houses,
standard actions, states of things, etc.

I've been faced with loads of different data types and
structures coming from different APIs, transport and
messaging protocols, device, user and service profiles
and different programming languages. I've read in the
"OWL Requirements and Use Cases" that OWL can help to
clean up this desaster.

Thanks.

Axel

[protege-owl] Re: Home ontology

Nick Drummond
Axel

1) Have you tried searching on SWOOGLE [1]
2) I suppose one of the ideas is that if you can encode some (lots) of
the knowledge that is required for your application to work in a
standard way, and that people make enough of this knowledge for any
given domain available in a reusable way then this might go some way to
solving this problem. However, I suppose, as with any technology it
requires uptake.

Nick

[1] http://swoogle.umbc.edu/index.php

Axel Hessler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there exists some ontology
> describing things and phenomena at home and its surroundings,
> i.e. home appliances and other devices, rooms, houses,
> standard actions, states of things, etc.
>
> I've been faced with loads of different data types and
> structures coming from different APIs, transport and
> messaging protocols, device, user and service profiles
> and different programming languages. I've read in the
> "OWL Requirements and Use Cases" that OWL can help to
> clean up this desaster.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Axel

Nick Drummond