How can I express that an object property is the negation of another ?

How can I express that an object property is the negation of another ?

mpuebla

How can I express that an object property is the negation of another ?, for example, in geographical domain the spatial relationship "disjoint" is the negation of "intersects", the same happens between "isFarOf" and "isNearOf".

I know that there is "NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion" (see https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-primer/), but that only allows me to express particular cases at the level of relationships between two individuals, I need something like that but that I would level of object properties.

For example, in the same way that I can say that "isEastOf" is the inverse of "isWestOf", I would like to be able to say that "disjoint" is the negation of "intersects" or that "isFarOf" is the negation of "isNearOf"

I would also like to know how I do it in a Protégé tool.

Greetings.

Re: How can I express that an object property is the negation of another ?

Lorenz Buehmann
As also answered on Stackoverflow, not possible in OWL 2 DL. I'm even
not sure if there is any description logic that supports this.
By the way, afaik it's also not possible in SWRL.

> How can I express that an object property is the negation of another ?, for example, in geographical domain the spatial relationship "disjoint" is the negation of "intersects", the same happens between "isFarOf" and "isNearOf".
>
> I know that there is "NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion" (see https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-primer/), but that only allows me to express particular cases at the level of relationships between two individuals, I need something like that but that I would level of object properties.
>
> For example, in the same way that I can say that "isEastOf" is the inverse of "isWestOf", I would like to be able to say that "disjoint" is the negation of "intersects" or that "isFarOf" is the negation of "isNearOf"
>
> I would also like to know how I do it in a Protégé tool.
>
> Greetings.

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center