How to Access OWL ontology programatically

How to Access OWL ontology programatically

bujji choudhary
Hi all,

    I want to access owl ontology programatically using JAVA or some other language. Pls help me in this regard.....

-Regards,
Bujji.

Re: How to Access OWL ontology programatically

Stefan Göhring

Hi bujji,
have a look at the Jena framework: http://jena.sourceforge.net

Regards,
Stefan Göhring

bujji choudhary schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
>     I want to access owl ontology programatically using JAVA or some other language. Pls help me in this regard.....
>
> -Regards,
> Bujji.

Re: How to Access OWL ontology programatically

Stefan Göhring

Have a look at the Jena framework: http://jena.sourceforge.net

Greetings,
Stefan Göhring

bujji choudhary schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
>     I want to access owl ontology programatically using JAVA or some other language. Pls help me in this regard.....
>
> -Regards,
> Bujji.

Suggestion: More documentation on the JDBC Backend

Alan March

As I mentioned in earlier posts, we have been using the JDBC Database
Backend. Although there is some documentation, we have found it to be
somehow incomplete. Ie: interpreting the meaning of the Frame ID requires
looking into the source code and some are not in the
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Model.java file, the new "XX_INCLUDES" table
isn't documented, etc. We aren't quite sure which Java classes are involved
in managing the Backend, and would be glad to contribute to the documenation
if someone helped us out with this info.

I believe this additional documentation is neccesary, as it seemes several
groups are using the JDBC method (those working on large ontologies)

Multiuser problem

rahime belen
Dear all,
  I need to know if it is possible to form an ontology with many people by programming through one editor which is set to a server. We are new in ontology and we need to work together. But it is very diffucult to combine our works. If you have any idea please inform me. Thanks alot
  Rahime

Re: Multiuser problem

Jonathan_Epstein
Hi Rahime,

I don't know what the Protege solutions are.  But you can take a look at how the Gene Ontology curators handle this problem, using a CVS repository [sorry, I have no additional info to provide]:
  http://www.geneontology.org/GO.curators.intro.shtml

Jonathan

At 07:58 AM 7/24/2006, rahime belen wrote:
>Dear all,
>  I need to know if it is possible to form an ontology with many people by programming through one editor which is set to a server. We are new in ontology and we need to work together. But it is very diffucult to combine our works. If you have any idea please inform me. Thanks alot
>  Rahime

Jonathan Epstein                                [hidden email]
Head, Unit on Biologic Computation              (301)402-4563
Office of the Scientific Director               Bldg 31, Room 2A47
Nat. Inst. of Child Health & Human Development  31 Center Drive
National Institutes of Health                   Bethesda, MD 20892

Re: How to Access OWL ontology programatically

Jennifer Vendetti-2

If you are asking about Protege-OWL, there is an API programmer's guide
on our Web site:

http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html

In the future, please ask OWL related questions on the protege-owl
mailing list.

Jennifer

bujji choudhary wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>    I want to access owl ontology programatically using JAVA or some other language. Pls help me in this regard.....
>
>-Regards,
>Bujji.

Re: Multiuser problem

Jennifer Vendetti-2

Rahime,

We have a multiuser version of Protege.  Instructions for setting it up
are available on our Wiki:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial

Jennifer