How to change all the individuals' prefix?

How to change all the individuals' prefix?

claire qiu
Hi,

is there any function provided by Protege for changing the prefix of all individuals?

The idea is that I want to separate all individuals  from the ontology schema.

Thanks a lot

Best,
Claire

Re: How to change all the individuals' prefix?

Hi Claire,

You can use the “Refactor” -> “Rename multiple entities…” menu item and search for the prefix that you want to change (the whole prefix that is) and replace it with something else.  The disadvantage to this approach is that you will have to check just the individuals to rename and this could be a lot of clicking depending upon how many individuals you have.

> On 3 Jul 2017, at 01:27, claire Qiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> is there any function provided by Protege for changing the prefix of all individuals?
>
> The idea is that I want to separate all individuals  from the ontology schema.
>

> Thanks a lot
>

> Best,
> Claire

Re: How to change all the individuals' prefix?

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hi Claire,
If you want a "non smart method", save your ontology in Turtle and open it with your favorite text editor. You can then make the changes you want and then import later on your ontology into Protégé for validation.

HTH
Ghislain

Sent from my iPhone, may include typos