How to choose OWL 2.0 profiles in protege

How to choose OWL 2.0 profiles in protege

Marcelino Borges
How can I choose the OWL 2.0 profile that I will use for representing my ontology?

Re: How to choose OWL 2.0 profiles in protege

Rafael Gonçalves
Currently Protege doesn’t check OWL 2 profiles. There is a ticket for this enhancement: https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/74.

In the meantime, I recommend picking a profile that fits your requirements (see https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/), and then constructing the ontology bearing in mind the limitations of the profile in terms of expressivity. To verify OWL 2 profiles you could use this web app: http://mowl-power.cs.man.ac.uk:8080/validator/.

Cheers,
Rafael