How to create multiple instances of a class in Protege-desktop

How to create multiple instances of a class in Protege-desktop

muditha
Hi,
I'm a beginner to the Protege. I have few questions to get clarify.

1) Can I know the usage/difference between individuals of entities and instances of a class? Ex: Suppose, if my ontology has a class called country, then, Sri Lanka, India etc. should be defined as instances or individuals?

2) How can I add multiple instances to a class as a bulk in one go rather than adding one by one. (Found a method in Protege-Frame but that feature seems not available in desktop version)

3) How can I do the same(create multiple individuals) for Individuals too?

Best regards.
Muditha.

Re: How to create multiple instances of a class in Protege-desktop

Hi Muditha,

1) Can I know the usage/difference between individuals of entities and instances of a class? Ex: Suppose, if my ontology has a class called country, then, Sri Lanka, India etc. should be defined as instances or individuals?

Individuals and instances are the same thing.  We usually say that an individual is an instance of a class.  For example, the individual India is an instance of the class Country.

2) How can I add multiple instances to a class as a bulk in one go rather than adding one by one. (Found a method in Protege-Frame but that feature seems not available in desktop version)

You can use the Cellfie plugin.  Basically, you would prepare an excel spreadsheet with the names of the individuals and then “import” the content of this spreadsheet into Protege.  There is a user guide here:

3) How can I do the same(create multiple individuals) for Individuals too?

You can use Cellfie as mentioned above.