How to create ontology according to the data in Oracle database?

How to create ontology according to the data in Oracle database?

YP Protege
Hi all ,

I have parsed the owl file with OWLAPI and saved the data in database(Oracle), it includes OWLClass,OWLProperty(Object Property,data Property and Annotations),OWLIndividual and SWRL Rules.I put the in six tables.

Now,I want to create a new owl file according to the data I have saved.

I have used the following method  ,but I cannot get the file.

//create ontology
OWLOntologyManager manager = OWLManager.createOWLOntologyManager();
OWLOntology ontology = manager.createOntology(IRI.create(BASE_URL));
StringDocumentTarget target = new StringDocumentTarget();
manager.saveOntology(ontology, target);

Thank in advance.

YP

Re: How to create ontology according to the data in Oracle database?

Rafael Gonçalves
YP,

This looks overly simplistic for the task at hand. In particular, I would expect to see some database connection code rather than, well, what’s BASE_URL? How did you "break down” your ontology to store it in multiple tables? Unless you describe that procedure it’s impossible to tell you how to re-construct the ontology.. Instead of doing that, I would recommend that you look at out-of-the-box solutions for storing RDF data, such as a graph database, which would allow you to use SPARQL for querying. If you already have an Oracle database then you could use Oracle’s Spatial and Graph Protégé plugin to do precisely what you’re trying to reinvent: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_4_Plugin_for_Oracle_Database.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rafael

On Mar 2, 2016, at 22:42, YP Protege <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all ,

I have parsed the owl file with OWLAPI and saved the data in
database(Oracle), it includes OWLClass,OWLProperty(Object Property,data
Property and Annotations),OWLIndividual and SWRL Rules.I put the in six
tables.

Now,I want to *create a new owl file according to the data I have saved.*

I have used the following method  ,but I cannot get the file.

//create ontology
OWLOntologyManager manager = OWLManager.createOWLOntologyManager();
OWLOntology ontology = manager.createOntology(IRI.create(BASE_URL));
StringDocumentTarget target = new StringDocumentTarget();
manager.saveOntology(ontology, target);

Thank in advance.

YP

Re: How to create ontology according to the data in Oracle database?

Lorenz Buehmann
Rafael is right, this is not enough information as we do not know how you save the OWL ontology in your database. Moreover, this is the wrong mailing list if you're talking using OWL API and Java only. Again I suggest you to use the OWL API mailing list, and I saw that you already asked several questions there. You should try to close open questions there first.

Lorenz

[...]

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig

Re: How to create ontology according to the data in Oracle database?

YP Protege
Hi Lorenz,

Thank you for you suggestion.I have solved the problem.

You mean there is another website for OWL API mailing list?
Could you give me the website?

Thanks a lot.

YP

Re: How to create ontology according to the data in Oracle database?

Tania Tudorache
Look under the heading "Support":
https://github.com/owlcs/owlapi/wiki/Reasoners,-OWL-API-Support,-papers-about-the-OWL-API

There is a mailing list, and you can also create issues in GitHub.

Tania