How to define rdf:List, rdf:first and rdf:rest within my owl ontology using protege

How to define rdf:List, rdf:first and rdf:rest within my owl ontology using protege

Irshad
Salam,

Hope u all fine and doing your best.

I am using protege 4.1.0 (Build 239). I need help in defining rdf constructs in my owl ontology using protege editor.
Attached is the ontology in which rdf:List and rdf:first is already defined but i don't know how they have been defined? Further, if i want to define rdf:rest then how can i define?

best regards,

Irshad

list-example.owl (3K) Download Attachment

Re: How to define rdf:List, rdf:first and rdf:rest within my owl ontology using protege

Timothy Redmond
On 12/20/2013 09:57 AM, Irshad wrote:
Salam,

Hope u all fine and doing your best.

I am using protege 4.1.0 (Build 239). I need help in defining rdf constructs in my owl ontology using protege editor.
Attached is the ontology in which rdf:List and rdf:first is already defined but i don't know how they have been defined? Further, if i want to define rdf:rest then how can i define?

Although the OWL api and by extension Protege 4 will allow you to do this, this is not a recommended practice.  rdf:List, rdf:first and the like are not part of the OWL 2 language and are, in addition, not allowed in OWL 2 ontologies.  rdf:List is simply a construct used by one of the serializations of the OWL 2 language.

If you want to work with lists in OWL, you can easily define a list class (in some namespace other than RDF) and express some of their properties.  In fact somewhere there is a paper (NIck Drummond was one of the authors) that describes this and talks about what you can express about these lists.

-Timothy

best regards,

Irshad