How to do with concrete domain in Protege?

How to do with concrete domain in Protege?

Jin Peng
Hello everybody,
I'm composing an ontology with concrete domain included using Protege, but when creating the restriction with DataType properties, an Eorror was found indicating --Please enter a filler at . ""--
and I can't find related information in Pizza example
I need your help very much! and is there any document or tutorial about this item?
Thank you in advance!

Re: How to do with concrete domain in Protege?

Hai Wang
Hi Jin,
Please find more information about Protege datatype support from
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/xsp.html.
Also you may need to active the option by doing the following.
In OWL-> preferences->General->Protege features (between "reasoning"
and "language profile")
you will see two tick boxes: "Import Protege metadata ontology" and
"Support user-defined XML Schema datatypes". You need choose both.

Regards
Hai

On 22 Apr 2006, at 10:43, Jin Peng wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I'm composing an ontology with concrete domain included using
> Protege, but when creating the restriction with DataType
> properties, an Eorror was found indicating --Please enter a filler
> at . ""--
> and I can't find related information in Pizza example
> I need your help very much! and is there any document or tutorial
> about this item?
> Thank you in advance!

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

Re: How to do with concrete domain in Protege?

Jin Peng
hi, Dr. Wang, thank you veyr much for your help,

I tried as what the web page had instructed, and the datatype filler can be applied to the individuals

But how can I define a concept : Woman=Human (conjunction) Female (conjunction) (existential qualifier) has-age >= 18 while Human and Female are primitive concepts and has-age is the role acting on Human?

In the "Create Restriction" dialog box, how to make the filler legal when the restricted property is a Data-type Property?

Best Regards!

Pen

2006/4/23, Hai Wang <[hidden email]>:
Hi Jin,
Please find more information about Protege datatype support from
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/xsp.html.
Also you may need to active the option by doing the following.
In OWL-> preferences->General->Protege features (between "reasoning"
and "language profile")
you will see two tick boxes: "Import Protege metadata ontology" and
"Support user-defined XML Schema datatypes". You need choose both.

Regards
Hai

On 22 Apr 2006, at 10:43, Jin Peng wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I'm composing an ontology with concrete domain included using
> Protege, but when creating the restriction with DataType
> properties, an Eorror was found indicating --Please enter a filler
> at . ""--
> and I can't find related information in Pizza example
> I need your help very much! and is there any document or tutorial
> about this item?
> Thank you in advance!

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

Re: How to do with concrete domain in Protege?

Hai Wang
Hi Pen,

On 23 Apr 2006, at 14:19, Pen wrote:

> hi, Dr. Wang, thank you veyr much for your help,
>
> I tried as what the web page had instructed, and the datatype
> filler can be applied to the individuals
>
> But how can I define a concept : Woman=Human (conjunction) Female
> (conjunction) (existential qualifier) has-age >= 18 while Human and
> Female are primitive concepts and has-age is the role acting on Human?
>
> In the "Create Restriction" dialog box, how to make the filler
> legal when the restricted property is a Data-type Property?
Current, it has not been integrated with the restriction editor yet.
You can only create the restriction by using expression directly.
E.,g (existential qualifier) has-age >= 18
will be inputted as
has-age some int[18 ,]

In general,
[n, ] means >=n
(n, ) means >n
[, n] ,means <=n
[n, m] means >=n and <=m
etc ...

Regards
Hai

> Best Regards!
>
> Pen
>
> 2006/4/23, Hai Wang <[hidden email]>: Hi Jin,
> Please find more information about Protege datatype support from
> http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/xsp.html.
> Also you may need to active the option by doing the following.
> In OWL-> preferences->General->Protege features (between "reasoning"
> and "language profile")
> you will see two tick boxes: "Import Protege metadata ontology" and
> "Support user-defined XML Schema datatypes". You need choose both.
>
> Regards
> Hai
>

> On 22 Apr 2006, at 10:43, Jin Peng wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> > I'm composing an ontology with concrete domain included using
> > Protege, but when creating the restriction with DataType
> > properties, an Eorror was found indicating --Please enter a filler
> > at . ""--
> > and I can't find related information in Pizza example
> > I need your help very much! and is there any document or tutorial
> > about this item?
> > Thank you in advance!
>

> Research Associate
> Department of Computer Science
> Kilburn Building
> University of Manchester
> Oxford Road
> Manchester M13 9PL
> UK
> Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

Re: How to do with concrete domain in Protege?

Jin Peng
Hi, Dr. Wang

It's pretty OK! Thank you very much!