How to edit properties in WebProtégé

Zuriñe Piña Landaburu
Hi all,

I've migrated my ontology, made with Protégé 3.3.1, to WebProtégé, but I would like to edit the properties: cardinality, make lists (for example, I would like to put a list at some properties to choose only one of them for different individuals) and that kind of things, but I'm affraid I can't, and I don't want to loose the properties.

Please, could you help me?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Zuri

Re: How to edit properties in WebProtégé

Tania Tudorache
Hi Zuri,

In the current version of WebProtege, you cannot edit the facets of the properties, e.g., the cardinality or allowed values. We have an enhancement request for this in our bug tracker in GitHub:
https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/93

You can still edit the properties in Protege desktop, and then upload a new version of the ontology into WebProtege.

To edit property values, you can use the current user interface in the Individuals Tab, which has auto-completion support and it is very easy to use. There is also an alternative to editing property values using forms (see here: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeLayoutConfig, and look especially at the Forms section). However, you would have to edit the forms configuration by hand for now (it is usually a one time effort).

I have added an enhancement request for the editing of the forms configuration through the UI:
https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/105

Cheers,
Tania