How to import/convert XML schema file to rdf schema in Protege

How to import/convert XML schema file to rdf schema in Protege

Yang, Sherry
Hey there,
I am new to Protégé and would like to make an ontology starting with an existing xml schema file and several records of that xml schema in xml format.  I am still not clear how to import or convert that xml schema to rdf schema in Protégé though I read quite a few documentations and tried Pizza sample.  I would be thankful for your helpful comments...
Regards,
Sherry

Sherry Yang
email: [hidden email]

Re: How to import/convert XML schema file to rdf schema in Protege

Matthew Horridge
Hi Sherry,

You can't open xml schema and automatically convert it to an OWL ontology in Protege-OWL.  For some ideas on converting an XML schema to an OWL ontology you might want to take a look at some paper like the one at the following link

http://vsis-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/publications/view.php/204

There also appears to be some converters (though I'm not sure how good or bad they are) at this link

http://rhizomik.upf.edu/redefer/

On 23 Jan 2006, at 16:41, Yang, Sherry wrote:

Hey there,
I am new to Protégé and would like to make an ontology starting with an existing xml schema file and several records of that xml schema in xml format.  I am still not clear how to import or convert that xml schema to rdf schema in Protégé though I read quite a few documentations and tried Pizza sample.  I would be thankful for your helpful comments...
Regards,
Sherry

Sherry Yang
email: [hidden email]

[protege-owl] Re: How to import/convert XML schema file to rdf schema in Protege

Nick Drummond
As a late suggestion, you might also want to look at the XML tab [1] for
core (frames) protege.
You could then export the frames ontology to OWL or use the RDF backend
to export.

Possibly??

Nick

[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/xmltab/xml_tab.html