How to represent a "must have" restriction in protege

How to represent a "must have" restriction in protege

IWilliams
This post was updated on .
 I am trying to build an ontology using owl. I have two classes Test and Question. I have object property hasQuestion with Domain (Test) and Range (Question). If I created an individual Exam1 for the class Test and did not relate it to Question individual, I would like the reasoner to raise inconsistency. How can I do this in Protege?

For example,

Exam1 (Test)
Exam2 (Test) hasQuestion Quest1 (Question)

When I run the reasoner on Exam1, I should get an inconsistency since there are no questions related to it. However, Exam2 should not give an inconsistency since it has Quest1 related to it.

Re: How to represent a "must have" restriction in protege

Jim McCusker
It's not inconsistent to not know about any of the questions on a test. In the open world assumption, if we say:

equivalentTo: hasQuestion min 1 Question

That will do as much as you can, but it won't be inconsistent. It will just assume that there's a question for that test out there, somewhere, that's unidentified.

Jim

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 8:31 PM IWilliams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have a classes Test and Question. I have object property hasQuestion
(Domain (Test) and Range (Question). If I created an individual Exam1 for
the class Test and did not relate it to Question individual, I would like
the reasoner to raise inconsistency. How can I do this in Protege?

Jim McCusker

Director, Data Operations
Tetherless World Constellation
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute