How to reuse and migrate an older ontology

How to reuse and migrate an older ontology

Zuriñe Piña Landaburu
Dear all:

My name is Zuriñe Piña Landaburu, and I am a PhD student of the Universidad Complutense, in Madrid. First of all, I would like to thank you for de quality and usefulness of WebProtégé, which has become an essential tool for my work. Mi thesis is based in an ontology about the Spanish Civil War; I hope that it will be a help for historians and students, so it should be online, because I want to make my ontology easy to access for everyone.

At first, two years ago, I made the first version of my ontology in Protégé 3.3.1. Now I would like to migrate all the data of the first version to WebProtégé, but is has been impossible to do. Maybe it is necessary to change the format, but I don't know how to do it. Could you help me, please?

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation. Yours faithfully,

Zuriñe Piña Landaburu

Re: How to reuse and migrate an older ontology

samsontu
Hi,

First you need to clarify whether the ontology you developed is an OWL ontology. If it is a frame ontology, you can try File/Export to Format/OWL to do a partial conversion, if that is possible at all.

If it is an OWL ontology, then perhaps you can first load and save it in Protege 3.5. Then try to upload that version to WebProtege.

With best regards,
Samson

On Feb 10, 2014, at 2:44 PM, Zuriñe Piña Landaburu <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Brice Sommacal
Hi,

It has been a long time ago but you could try migrate your ontology with the migration program "Migration from 3.1 to 3.4 "  I made available from:

Once it's done, I think you could feed webprotege with the owl.

regards,

Brice

[...]

Hi, Brice:

Thank you very much, I will try it and I'll tell you if it works.

Best regards,

Zuri