How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Vladimir
Hello, just subscribed to this mailing list.
I was wondering how to upload a new plugin to the Protege plugin library? I finished one open source plugin for Protege 5, and already working on another one. I tried to upload my Plugin to the https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Plugin_Library but its says that I dont have permission, because I am not a User/Administrator. How do I create an account, so I can upload my plugin?

Thank in advance,

Vladimir.

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Vladimir,

You should be able to create a plug-in page on our wiki, even if you are not an admin. However, you do need a user account, which should be added to the Users group. We disabled self registration on our wiki, because we were getting too much spam, however I am happy to create a user account for you. Just let me know what user name would you prefer.

In addition to creating the plug-in description wiki page, if you think that your plug-in is of general interest and stable, and you wish to share it with the user community through the Protege auto-update mechanism, we have instructions our wiki about how you can do that:
https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/EnablePluginAutoUpdate

Csongor

On 06/20/2017 06:06 AM, Blagodarov Vladimir wrote:
Hello, just subscribed to this mailing list.
I was wondering how to upload a new plugin to the Protege plugin library? I finished one open source plugin for Protege 5, and already working on another one. I tried to upload my Plugin to the https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Plugin_Library but its says that I dont have permission, because I am not a User/Administrator. How do I create an account, so I can upload my plugin?

Thank in advance,

Vladimir.

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Vladimir
The username has to be ODASE, it's the name of the organization I am working for. I don't know if you can see my email, so the credentials can be sent to maestrov13@gmail.com.

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Vladimir
There is something really wrong, when I try to log in, most of the times it says that my cookies are not enabled or I am trying to hijack the session. Then after I am logged in, it keeps disconnecting me. When I am on the main page, I am successfully logged in, in other pages sometimes I am, sometimes I am not. After more than 1 hour I succeeded in create a page for the plugin, but can't upload the plugin itself. Every time I am clicking on "Add New Version" it keeps disconnecting me, so I can't edit the page. Tried more than 10 times using different browsers (Vivaldi and Edge), but without success. The cookies are enabled on both browsers.

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Vladimir,

The truth is that I also encountered similar issues while trying to
create an account for you. Had to try different tricks (use different
browsers, delete my cookies, etc.) to let the wiki accept my new user
creation request. I'll talk to our system admin guys to see if they can
do something about it.

Csongor

Vladimir
Any news from the system admin? It looks like it got even worse, I can't even log in.

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Yes, there is some news. Our system administrator said that he would
look into upgrading our wiki, but he has many higher priority items on
his list, so this may take him up to a month to get it done. We will
keep you posted.

Regards,
Csongor

PS: I think the problem is with loosing sessions in a very short amount
of time. In your place, I would try experimenting with a clean,
up-to-date, mainstream browser. If you can provide us further
observations from your experiment, that may also help us understand (and
patch) the problem.

On 07/11/2017 03:33 AM, Vladimir wrote:

> Any news from the system admin? It looks like it got even worse, I can't even
> log in.

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Vladimir
I tried with 3 different browsers: Vivaldi, Chrome and Edge.
1) Most of the times, I am having trouble to log in, it says:
Protege Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again.
But I am sure that cookies are enabled. From time to times there is no error and I am able to log in.
2) When I click on "Add New Version" on my Plugin page, most of the times on the next page I am logged out. If by some miracle my session is still working, in on of the next steps I will be logged out before being able to upload the plugin.
The funny thing is that if In the navigation panel (on the left) I click "Main Page" it redirects me to the Main Page and I am logged in again (most of the times).

Re: How to upload new plugin to the Protege plugin library?

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Thank you for the detailed report, Vladimir.
This is helpful. I let our system admin know.

Csongor