How to use Chinese language in Protege

何琳

hello
I am a Chinese user of Protege.
I have a question now,I am very anxious about it.
I type Chinese words in the ontology editing of protege,but they(Chinese words) can't be  identified in the RDFS coding.
What's the reason? how to change encodings and locale in Protege?
Thanks very much!

Re: How to use Chinese language in Protege

俞 健

我也遇到过这样的问题,我当时就用了e 文来替代。

后来听老师说需要改一个什么变量就可以了。

From:  "何琳" <[hidden email]>
To:  "protege-discussion" <[hidden email]>
Subject:  [protege-discussion] How to use Chinese language in Protege
Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:27:03 +0800

>hello
>I am a Chinese user of Protege.
>I have a question now,I am very anxious about it.
>I type Chinese words in the ontology editing of protege,but they(Chinese
words) can't be  identified in the RDFS coding.
>What's the reason? how to change encodings and locale in Protege?
>Thanks very much!

Re: How to use Chinese language in Protege

胡陈波

On 4/25/06, Óá ½¡ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ÎÒÒ²Óöµ½¹ýÕâÑùµÄÎÊÌ⣬ÎÒµ±Ê±¾ÍÓÃÁËe ÎÄÀ´Ìæ´ú¡£
>
> ºóÀ´ÌýÀÏʦ˵ÐèÒª¸ÄÒ»¸öʲô±äÁ¿¾Í¿ÉÒÔÁË¡£

> From:  "ºÎÁÕ" <[hidden email]>
> To:  "protege-discussion" <[hidden email]>
> Subject:  [protege-discussion] How to use Chinese language in Protege
> Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:27:03 +0800
> >

> >hello
> >I am a Chinese user of Protege.
> >I have a question now,I am very anxious about it.
> >I type Chinese words in the ontology editing of protege,but they(Chinese
> words) can't be  identified in the RDFS coding.
> >What's the reason? how to change encodings and locale in Protege?
> >Thanks very much!

Re: How to use Chinese language in Protege

Hai Wang

I tried it on my machine (Mac OX) and the Chinese has been displayed
and saved correctly. Make sure that you are using UTF-8 as the encode.
Go to Projects->Encodings...

However, it seems that protege owl has a bug here. When you sent
ontologies to reasoners, all the reasoning results about those
classes which have non-english names will be ignored. It is not a
Chinese specific problem; I tried Greek and the problem was same. I
added it to the protege bug list.

Before the bug being fixed, maybe you could walk around it currently
by put the Chinese class name as a  label for that class and
configure the protege to use the label slot as the display slot.  To
do that, you need to make owl:Class visible (go to the OWL
preferences and
select the visibility tab).  Next go to the forms tab and make sure
owl:Class is selected.  Change the "Display Slot" to rdfs:label using
the drop down box at the top of the form.

Cheers
Hai

On 25 Apr 2006, at 10:38, 俞 健 wrote:

> 我也遇到过这样的问题,我当时就用了e 文来替代。
>
> 后来听老师说需要改一个什么变量就可以了。

> ------
> From:  "何琳" <[hidden email]>
> To:  "protege-discussion" <[hidden email]>
> Subject:  [protege-discussion] How to use Chinese language in Protege
> Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:27:03 +0800
>>

>> hello
>> I am a Chinese user of Protege.
>> I have a question now,I am very anxious about it.
>> I type Chinese words in the ontology editing of protege,but they
>> (Chinese
> words) can't be  identified in the RDFS coding.
>> What's the reason? how to change encodings and locale in Protege?
>> Thanks very much!

> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai