How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

lvar
How to use a tab from Protege without its GUI?

for example I want to convert a format to owl by simply using the following
command without opening Protege:

>FormatConvertorTab InputFormat OutputFormat

Thank you very much
Lvar

Re: How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

Jim Balhoff-3
Hi Lvar,

You may be interested in the ROBOT command line tool, which provides various commands making use of the OWL API, on which Protégé is also based:

(disclaimer: I am a contributor to ROBOT)

Thanks,
Jim

On Jul 12, 2018, at 10:47 AM, lvar <[hidden email]> wrote:

How to use a tab from Protege without its GUI?

for example I want to convert a format to owl by simply using the following
command without opening Protege:

FormatConvertorTab InputFormat OutputFormat

Thank you very much
Lvar

Re: How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

OWL API -> write the Java application. that's it.

On 12.07.2018 16:47, lvar wrote:

> How to use a tab from Protege without its GUI?
>
> for example I want to convert a format to owl by simply using the following
> command without opening Protege:
>
>> FormatConvertorTab InputFormat OutputFormat
> Thank you very much
> Lvar

Re: How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

Wynne, Robert (NIH/NCI) [C]
This will probably work out-of-the-box for the formats listed at https://github.com/owlcs/owlapi

You'd need to write your own parser for txt, xls, plain xml, rrf, dts, etc.

Rob