How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

lvar
How to use a tab from Protege without its GUI?

for example I want to convert a format to owl by simply using the following
command without opening Protege:

>FormatConvertorTab InputFormat OutputFormat

Thank you very much
Lvar

Re: How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

Balhoff, James Patrick
Hi Lvar,

You may be interested in the ROBOT command line tool, which provides various commands making use of the OWL API, on which Protégé is also based:

(disclaimer: I am a contributor to ROBOT)

Thanks,
Jim

On Jul 12, 2018, at 10:47 AM, lvar <[hidden email]> wrote:

How to use a tab from Protege without its GUI?

for example I want to convert a format to owl by simply using the following
command without opening Protege:

FormatConvertorTab InputFormat OutputFormat

Thank you very much
Lvar

Re: How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

Lorenz B.
OWL API -> write the Java application. that's it.

On 12.07.2018 16:47, lvar wrote:

> How to use a tab from Protege without its GUI?
>
> for example I want to convert a format to owl by simply using the following
> command without opening Protege:
>
>> FormatConvertorTab InputFormat OutputFormat
> Thank you very much
> Lvar

Re: How to use an plugin from Protege as a standalone Java Application?

Wynne, Robert (NIH/NCI) [C]
This will probably work out-of-the-box for the formats listed at https://github.com/owlcs/owlapi

You'd need to write your own parser for txt, xls, plain xml, rrf, dts, etc.

Rob