DEADLINES: Due to many requests we have extended the deadlines as follows: Abstract submission: February 14, 2014 Notification of abstract submission: February 21, 2014 Full paper submission: March 28, 2014 Notification of paper submission: April 11, 2014 Camera-ready paper submission: April 28, 2014 Author registration: April 28, 2014
Conference Themes: Igniting Regional Economies - Knowledge, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in South East Europe Energy Enabled: The Innovation and Cooperation Hotbed of South Eastern Europe
In the face of fragile economic recovery following the economic and financial crisis of 2008, many firms all around the world continue to invest in growth-enhancing activities to achieve a sustainable development. While the crisis has heavily hit all aspects of business vested interests, investments in innovation, entrepreneurship and regional partnership have been the key priority to ensuring a strong and stable economic growth.
The objective of the conference is to gather decision makers (government, ministries and state agencies), innovation experts (universities, research and development centres, technology transfer centres, start-up centres) and practitioners (smes, business incubators and business support organisations) to generate discussion and exchange on the potential of entrepreneurship promotion and innovation to national and regional competitiveness.
CONFERENCE TOPICS OF INTEREST
Creativity, Complexity and Competitiveness Issues for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in SEE vs. other regions (EU and other)
* Leveraging e-skills for innovation in the knowledge society * Managing and Leveraging Complexity, Creativity and Innovation in SMEs * Trust, Respect, Culture and Collaboration Issues for SMEs in SEE vs. other regions (EU and other) * Leadership and Management practices that can be applied to SMEs * SME Knowledge management and technology transfer * SME Business process modeling * New Technology Ventures Financing * Business incubation management and leadership * Human Resources Practices for promoting innovation for SMEs
South East European Entrepreneurial Innovation Clusters
* SMEs' Entrepreneurship as an Innovation Driver * Opportunities and barriers for closer cooperation between South East European SMEs in Innovation & Entrepreneurship:
Strategic Integration vs. Flexibility and SME Competitiveness
* Innovation Clusters, Technology Transfer and Social Entrepreneurship * Social Networking as Driver of EICs formation * Science & Technology Parks and EICs * Young and Women Entrepreneurs development via EICs * Benchmarking of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Best Practices in the region * Innovation policy in SMEs
Technology Innovation, Transfer and Commercialization across Governement, University, Industry domains
* The role of the State and Public Policy with regards to SME Innovation and Entrepreneurship * Governmental and regional policies on entrepreneurship and innovation * Entrepreneurial Universities and Entrepreneurial Innovation Clusters * Entrepreneurship education * University - Industry collaboration * ICT and SME Regional competitiveness * SMEs and the role of the Innovation Zone (business centers and incubators) * Intangibles Valuation and Intellectual Property Rights * Innovative Supply Chain Management practices in SEE * Innovative Supply Chains * Information Technology proliferation in SEE SMEs
ICEIRD 2014 invites submissions of papers related to all the topics of interest of the conference. Papers that address collaborations between industry and academia, case studies as well as experience reports on any of the conference themes are welcome. For more information on the conference topics, visit the ICEIRD 2014 webpage (https://iceird2014.cs.ucy.ac.cy).
Authors are first requested to submit an about 100 words long abstract by February 14, 2014. Upon acceptance of the abstract by February 31, 2014 the authors should proceed to submit a full paper as per the instructions below.
* Full Papers (for review)
Authors are requested to submit a full paper of 6-10 pages in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format using the template found on the ICEIRD 2014 webpage (https://iceird2014.cs.ucy.ac.cy). The template has all the styles required for formatting the text. The easiest way to prepare the camera ready is to download the template, delete all exixting text, add your unformatted text and use the styles (top-left drop down menu) to format it. Only papers in this format will be published. Submitted papers, which will go under blind review by at least two referees, must be submitted electronically through the EasyChair Conference System: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iceird2014.
* Camera Ready Papers (after acceptance)
Following acceptance, authors are requested to sumbit a camera-ready paper using the template found on the website (https://iceird2014.cs.ucy.ac.cy) to the secretariat of ICEIRD2014 by email ([hidden email]) in both Microsoft Word or PDF format.
* Guidelines for Presentations
Each presentation will last 20 minutes (15 + 5 minutes for questions). All rooms are fully equiped. Presenters will be requested to upload their presentation at least 15 minutes before the start of their session. Presenters could also use their own laptop. Techinal support will be provided.
The Conference Proceedings, including all papers presented, will be published as a SEERC book edited by the Conference Chairs.
* Post-Conference Special Journal Issues
Selected high quality papers from the conference will be recommended for publication in the special issues of international journals. For more information please visit the ICEIRD 2014 webpage (https://iceird2014.cs.ucy.ac.cy)
The official language of the conference is English.
Publication is dependent on at least one author registering to attend ICEIRD 2014.
Abstract submission (mandatory): 14th February 2014 Notification of abstract submission: 21st February 2014 Full paper submission: 28th March 2014 Notification of paper acceptance: 11th April 2014 Camera ready paper submission: 28th April 2014 Author registration: 28th April 2014
Prof. George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus - General Chair
Prof. Panos H. Ketikidis, CITY College - International Faculty of the University of Sheffield, Greece - Co-Chair
Stavriana A. Kofteros, Special Entrepreneurship & RDI Adviser, Democratic Rally (DISY), Cyprus - Co-Chair
-------------------------------------------------------------------- This is not SPAM. If you want to be removed from this list, please send an email to [[hidden email]] with the single word 'remove' in the subject of the email.