If-then rules

Ahmed Mabrouk
Hi Matthew,
Thank you for your reply. The rules I want to formulate are about priorities and the criteria used for setting these priorities. For example:
1. If a limited amount of funds exists, the priority is to support an undergraduate student, rather than a postgraduate, because he/she is doing an essential study.
2. If two duties are to be done, we start with the one with a nearer due date, before the one with a later due date.
Please let me know if you need further clarifications.
Regards,
Ahmed Mabrouk

Re: If-then rules

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Ahmed,

I did not get the first part of your conversation with Matthew, so I don't know the whole context, but what you are trying to do seems like production rules (see [1], especially slide 3). Protege does not provide support for that, but only for SWRL [2] (which allows you to formulate logical rules)

Csongor

[1] http://www.semantic-web-book.org/w/images/5/5e/KI09-OWL-Rules-2.pdf
[2] https://www.w3.org/Submission/SWRL/