Import SIOC ontology AND IMS LIP standard

Import SIOC ontology AND IMS LIP standard

hajar_zan
Hello everyone
I am working with Protégé 5 and I want to build an ontology by reusing the SIOC ontology and the IMS LIP standard.
When I import the SIOC ontology (https://www.w3.org/Submission/sioc-spec/)  using  the "direct import" from the active ontology window in protégé, I could not be able to find its prefixes ( sioc: ) among the existing ones, am I missing something?
and for the IMS LIP standard, any idea on how to add it in protégé
Thank you in advance and if there any documentation / tutorial that may help, please let me know.
kind regards

--
Hajar Zankadi

Ingénieur d'Etat en Management des Sytèmes d'Information
Diplomée de l'Institut National des Postes et Télécommunications (INPT)

Re: Import SIOC ontology AND IMS LIP standard

hajar_zan
Hello
Any help or advice would be appreciated
Thank you
Kind regards

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020, 2:53 PM hajar hajar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone
I am working with Protégé 5 and I want to build an ontology by reusing the SIOC ontology and the IMS LIP standard.
When I import the SIOC ontology (https://www.w3.org/Submission/sioc-spec/)  using  the "direct import" from the active ontology window in protégé, I could not be able to find its prefixes ( sioc: ) among the existing ones, am I missing something?
and for the IMS LIP standard, any idea on how to add it in protégé
Thank you in advance and if there any documentation / tutorial that may help, please let me know.
kind regards

--
Hajar Zankadi

Ingénieur d'Etat en Management des Sytèmes d'Information
Diplomée de l'Institut National des Postes et Télécommunications (INPT)

Re: Import SIOC ontology AND IMS LIP standard

samsontu
You increase the chance of someone responding to your questions if:

1. You post your message to the right mailing list: protege-dev is a mailing list for software developers. [hidden email] is more appropriate for questions related to the use of Protege and ontology modeling.
2. You provide access to the ontologies in question. https://www.w3.org/Submission/sioc-spec/ is the spec. Where is the ontology?
3. You frame your modeling question in terms that that do not require prior deep content knowledge. “Help with IMS LIP standard” is too broad and not informative for (the vast majority of) people who have no idea what IMS LIP standard is.

With best regards,
Samson

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Import SIOC ontology AND IMS LIP standard

hajar_zan
Hello
1- This is not the first time I post questions related to ontology modeling using Protégé and always get answers that helped me a lot.
2- For protégé, is there any other mailing list where I could post this kind of questions ?
3- for the IMS LIP is a specification related to learner profile and my question was about how I could benefit from this specification to integrate it withing the ontology that I want to model with protégé (In case someone had already use it before)
4-  for the  SIOC core ontology, it provides the main concepts and properties required to describe information from online communities.so I was confused with the right way to use it in Protégé ( and again, I asked in case someone had already use it before)
Thank you
Kind regards

Le jeu. 23 janv. 2020 à 21:30, Samson Tu <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hi Hajar,
The namespace for SIOC is at http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#. You can try to upload the file in Protege.
Let us know if it works for you.
Regarding IMS LIP standard 2 OWL, if they don't have yet an owl version, I could suggest to build your ontology based on that standard (at least, you'll have a reference)

HTH
Best,
Ghislain

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 3:09 PM hajar hajar <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)

Re: Import SIOC ontology AND IMS LIP standard

hajar_zan
Hello
Thank you so much for your reply
I will try this out and let you know if it worked or not
Kind regards

Le ven. 24 janv. 2020 à 15:39, Ghislain ATEMEZING <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Hello ghislain
It worked perfectly
For the IMS Lip standard  I will consider using it as a reference as you said, because to my best knowledge there is not an OWL version for it.
Thank you
Kind regards

Le ven. 24 janv. 2020 à 15:45, hajar hajar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Hello,
Great it worked!
Regarding IMS2OWL, consider reusing terms or ontologies in the LOV catalog. [1].
For example, you can use the APIs to search for terms [2] in the domain already used by other vocabs. For example the term "Management System"  gives this https://lov.linkeddata.es/dataset/lov/terms?q=Learning%20Management%20System

Good luck!
Best,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 4:04 PM hajar hajar <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your help I will check it out
Kind regards