Import facility and namespaces

Mark Feblowitz
I am importing files from the filesystem. Each import has a
corresponding, distinct namespace URI (HTTP) defined for it (and a
preferred namespace prefix).

I notice that both the filesystem URI and the namespace URI for an
imported file both appear in the list of namespace prefixes, with
generated prefixes (p1... pn) for the filesystem equivalents of the
namespace URIs.

Also, I notice duplicate lines in the namespace prefixes list for
those files that are imported more than once (this happens when two
separate imported files each import the same file.

I can delete some of the lines in the namespaces list, including the
line containing the http URI, but not the filesystem URI - that one
looks like the "referenced" namespace definition. Yet the
non-generated prefix is the one that appears in the Class and Property editors.

This may be a result of importing via filesystem URIs rather than
importing HTTP URIs (and then mapping to filesystem URIs via the
repository capability). I need to do the former because some other
tools I have been using require absolute filesystem URIs.

This does not seem like the correct behavior.

Mark

Re: Import facility and namespaces

Elyes Lehtihet-3
Hi Mark

You need to add a Doctype for every imported namespace

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE rdf:RDF [
    <!ENTITY owl 'http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#' >
    <!ENTITY rdf 'http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#' >
    <!ENTITY xsd 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#' >
    <!ENTITY rdfs 'http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#' >
    <!ENTITY Something 'http://www.mydomain.com/Something.owl#' >
    <!ENTITY SomethingElse 'http://www.mydomain.com/SomethingElse.owl#' >
]>
<rdf:RDF
    xmlns='http://www.mydomain.com/ActiveOntology.owl#'
    xml:base='http://www.mydomain.com/ActiveOntology.owl'>
    xmlns:Something='http://www.mydomain.com/Something.owl#'
    xmlns:SomethingElse='http://www.mydomain.com/SomethingElse.owl#'
    xmlns:rdf='http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'
    xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#'
    xmlns:rdfs='http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#'
    xmlns:owl='http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#'
  <owl:Ontology rdf:about=''>
    <owl:imports rdf:resource='http://www.mydomain.com/Something.owl'/>
    <owl:imports rdf:resource='http://www.mydomain.com/SomethingElse.owl'/>
  </owl:Ontology>
<owl:Class rdf:ID='Example'>
 <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource='&Something;AnotherExample/>
 <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource='&SomethingElse;AnotherExample/>
</owl:Class>
.
.
.

Hope this help
Elyes

Re: Import facility and namespaces

Mark Feblowitz
Well, yes and no.

What I'm trying to do is use the new-ish Metadata tab. For the most
part, it seems to be working pretty well.

As I look at the files, I see that some have been corrupted, probably
by a bug I reported last week. When restoring the files to their
correct state, the difficulties with the import facility seem seem to
have receded.

Thanks,

Mark

At 02:59 AM 4/25/2006, you wrote:

>Hi Mark
>
>You need to add a Doctype for every imported namespace
>
><?xml version='1.0'?>
><!DOCTYPE rdf:RDF [
>     <!ENTITY owl 'http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#' >
>     <!ENTITY rdf 'http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#' >
>     <!ENTITY xsd 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#' >
>     <!ENTITY rdfs 'http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#' >
>     <!ENTITY Something 'http://www.mydomain.com/Something.owl#' >
>     <!ENTITY SomethingElse 'http://www.mydomain.com/SomethingElse.owl#' >
>]>
><rdf:RDF
>     xmlns='http://www.mydomain.com/ActiveOntology.owl#'
>     xml:base='http://www.mydomain.com/ActiveOntology.owl'>
>     xmlns:Something='http://www.mydomain.com/Something.owl#'
>     xmlns:SomethingElse='http://www.mydomain.com/SomethingElse.owl#'
>     xmlns:rdf='http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'
>     xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#'
>     xmlns:rdfs='http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#'
>     xmlns:owl='http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#'
>   <owl:Ontology rdf:about=''>
>     <owl:imports rdf:resource='http://www.mydomain.com/Something.owl'/>
>     <owl:imports rdf:resource='http://www.mydomain.com/SomethingElse.owl'/>
>   </owl:Ontology>
><owl:Class rdf:ID='Example'>
>  <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource='&Something;AnotherExample/>
>  <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource='&SomethingElse;AnotherExample/>
></owl:Class>
>.
>.
>.
>
>Hope this help
>Elyes

Problem reading a Protege OWL file

Stephen Waterbury
I'm having trouble opening the attached OWL file into Protege
3.2 beta.  The file was created using Protege with OWL Plugin 2.2,
Build 311.  The error message I get is below.  The file validates
as OWL Full in the suggested validator.  In case it was a problem
with the project file, I removed pgef.pprj, but got the same error.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!
Steve

edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ParseException: Encountered
"<?xml" at line 1, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
     <EOF>
     "(" ...
     ";+" ...

        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.generateParseException(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.jj_consume_token(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.parseKnowledgeBase(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.Parser.loadInstances(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ClipsKnowledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledgeBase(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.storage.clips.ClipsKnowledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledgeBase(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadProjectKB(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadProjectFromURI(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.loadProject(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProject(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.getRequestedProject(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.OpenProject.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:302)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1000)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1041)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3093)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Unable to load file:
file:/home/waterbug/repo/PanGalactic/pangalactic/node/kb/pgef.owl
Possible reasons:
- The file has an unsupported file format
- The file is not well-formed
- The project file is corrupt

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF
    xmlns:pgef="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/"
    xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
  xml:base="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/">
  <owl:Ontology rdf:about=""/>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Project">
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >An activity that has the purpose of producing and/or maintaining something, and which involves contributions from Persons and Organizations.</rdfs:comment>
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Person"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Role"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/RoleAssignment">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Relationship"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A Relationship that assigns a Role (the "parent") to an Actor (the "child").</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/ObjectDocument">
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/DataSet">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A Document whose function is to serve as a wrapper for a serialized population of objects in a file-like object, governed by a single schema (a.k.a. an "ontology").  The file can be a STEP (ISO 10303) file (in a number of possible encoding options), a CAD file, or in general any data exchange or serialization file.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Document"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Model">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticVersionable"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Representable"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A constructed realization of the properties and/or behaviors of a concept or a real-world thing.  A pgef:Model instance can be used for analysis, simulation, description, specification, or presentation of some aspect(s) of a domain object.

pgef:Model generally maps to step:product_definition, but there may be other mappings for particular STEP Application Protocols and other types of models.

(Note that the characteristics of any pgef:Model instance can be the subject of a pgef:Model at a higher level of abstraction.  The higher-level pgef:Model instance in this context is sometimes referred to as a "meta-model" relative to the pgef:Model instance whose characteristics it models.)</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticFu"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Able to be encoded in some digital form.
</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Securable">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticFu"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Able to have access to it restricted to a specifiable set of individuals.
</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticFu">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The mother of all specific PanGalactic Fu (aspects and behaviors).  Note that PanGalactic Fu are meta-level agnostic.  To PanGalactic Fu, all is Fu.
</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PhysicalPart">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PhysicalObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A PhysicalObject that is purported to be a physical realization of a Part.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticVersionable">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The common ancestor of all Versionable descendents of PanGalacticObject.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Versionable"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PhysicalObject">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >An entity that is a collection of measurable stuff.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Mime">
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Manageable">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Having an Identifiable owner, creator, and most recent modifier.
</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticFu"/>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Part">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A concept that has some functionality that can be realized in a product or thing that is physically sensible and measurable (the PhysicalPart).

pgef:Part maps to the combination of STEP (ISO 10303) 'product' and 'product_definition_formation'.  STEP 'frame_of_reference' (-> product_context.id) is not represented within the PGEF ontology.  STEP 'description' maps to description.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticVersionable"/>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticFu"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Having a name or identifier (a.k.a., ID, OID, etc.).
</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization">
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Role"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Actor"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Project"/>
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    <owl:disjointWith>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink"/>
    </owl:disjointWith>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Actor">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >An entity that can take on Roles and create, modify, and own PanGalacticObjects</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/DataPackage">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A collection of one or more DataSet instances.  A DataPackage instance may include one or more file-like objects and may be governed by more than one schema (ontology).  The primary purpose of the DataPackage Class is to enable the tracking and management of arbitrary collections of exchanged data.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Document"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Relationship">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A well-defined and identifiable connection between PanGalacticObjects.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/OrgPerson">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/RoleAssignment"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A Relationship between a Role with an Organization context and a Person.
</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink">
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Role"/>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Actor"/>
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Project"/>
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink"/>
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Role"/>
    <owl:disjointWith rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A human being.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Acu">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Relationship"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The relationship between a PanGalacticObject (the component) and an assembled PanGalacticObject (the assembly) of which it is a constituent part.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Qacu">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Acu"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Quantified Assembly Component Usage represents some number of instances or some measured quantity of a PanGalacticObject used in the assembly of another PanGalacticObject.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartsListItem">
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartModel">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Relationship"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The relationship between a Part and a Model that represents it.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Representation">
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/ProjectPerson">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A Relationship between a Role in the context of a Project and a Person.
</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/RoleAssignment"/>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >PanGalacticObject is the base class of the Pan Galactic Engineering Framework ontology.  PanGalacticObjects have some administrative Properties that allow them to be identified, persisted, and managed in a PanGalactic environment.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Manageable"/>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable"/>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Securable"/>
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Thing"/>
  </owl:Class>
  <owl:Class rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Document">
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Representable"/>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/creator">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The Identifiable entity that created an object.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Manageable"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/parent">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Relationship"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#InverseFunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PanGalacticObject"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The parent Object in a Relationship.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/parent_organization">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/pl_items">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The PartsListItem instances contained by a PartsList.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartsListItem"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartsList"/>
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/record_creator">
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_mfr">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PhysicalPart"/>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/record_owner">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Manageable"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The Identifiable entity that owns an object's record in the repository.  pgef:record_owner and pgef:record_creator may be different.  The default is for them to be the same.  The pgef:record_owner always has the privilege of modifying the record of the object in the repository (or deleting it, if deletion is allowed for members of the object's Class).</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/representations">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Representable"/>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/org">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Actor"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >An Actor's primary Organizational affiliation.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/data_sets">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The DataSets contained in a DataPackage.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/DataPackage"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/DataSet"/>
  </owl:ObjectProperty>
  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/mime_type">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Mime"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/is_head">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Versionable"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A flag indicating whether a Versionable object is the most recent version.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_number_drawing">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_number_nsn">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/dataset_object_ids">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/DataSet"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The local identifiers assigned to the objects in a DataSet.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_number_aliases">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Part"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Other equivalent identifiers for a Part.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_model_purpose">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartModel"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/security_mask">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Securable"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/pli_id">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartsListItem"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_number_spec">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/comment">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/definition_context">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Model"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The context within which a Model is defined.

From the STEP PDM Schema Usage Guide: "[Definition context] distinguishes the type of the associated product_definition ...".  Examples given in the STEP PDM Schema Usage Guide all use name == "part definition" ... a set of values meaningful within the context of a Project or Organization should be defined for this attribute to be useful.  Maps to STEP "product_definition_context.name".</rdfs:comment>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/ref_designator">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A symbolic name that serves as an identifier for a component usage within the context of an assembly.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Acu"/>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/name3">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The third of a possible 5 segments of an Organization's name.  (From the CAGE data structure.)</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/rep_purpose">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Representation"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/lname">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Person"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A Person's last name (surname).</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/fname">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/pl_type">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/sic_code4">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Fourth of a possible 4 Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes for an Organization.  See:  http://www.census.gov/epcd/www/sic.html (From the CAGE data structure.)</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/zip_or_postal_zone">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/god">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/documentation_purpose">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/ObjectDocument"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/alt_emails">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Actor"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Alternate email addresses of the Actor.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/type_code">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/frame_of_reference">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >An activity or context within which a Model is intended to be used.

pgef:frame_of_reference maps directly to STEP "product_definition.frame_of_reference.application".  In STEP, f_o_r points to an application_context, which refers to the general application domain that defined the data ... the values recommended in the STEP PDM Schema Usage Guide are: "digital mock up" "assembly study" "process planning" "electrical design" "mechanical design", but a set of values meaningful within the context of a specific Project or Organization should be defined for this attribute to be useful.</rdfs:comment>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/specification_screening">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Part"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The identifier for a screening specification that applies to a Part.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/is_composable">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/life_cycle_stage">
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Model"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The Life Cycle Stage within which a Model is defined.

pgef:life_cycle_stage maps directly to STEP 'product_definition_context.life_cycle_stage'.  The two values recommended in the STEP PDM Schema Usage Guide are: "design" and "manufacturing" ... a set of values meaningful within the context of a particular Project or Organization should be defined for this attribute to be useful.</rdfs:comment>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/name2">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/component_quantity">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Qacu"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The number of instances or measured quantity of the component object(s) used.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/pl_status">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/PartsList"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The state of a PartsList relative to some possibly extensible set of standard states, e.g. 'in-process', 'reviewed', etc.  The set of standard states should be agreed upon by the Project(s) or Organization(s) using the PartsList.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/fsc_code">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/user_file_name">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/content">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Document"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/serial_number">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/id">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable"/>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/record_create_datetime">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >Date-time of addition of an object's record to the repository.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Manageable"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#FunctionalProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime"/>
  </owl:DatatypeProperty>
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/location">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/mod_datetime">
  <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/country_code">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/modifier">
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The Identifiable entity that last modified an object.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Manageable"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty"/>
  </owl:FunctionalProperty>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/description">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Identifiable"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#DatatypeProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A narrative about the characteristics and identifying features of an object.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:FunctionalProperty>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/file_sequence_context">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/mi_or_name">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/sic_code3">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/structural_role">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/sic_code2">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/namespace_uri">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/version_sequence">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/bytes">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/role_context">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Role"/>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/owner">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/part_number_model">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Part"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#DatatypeProperty"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >The identifier for a Part's 'Model', a somewhat arbitrary identifier usually specified by the manufacturer.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:FunctionalProperty>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/create_datetime">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/sic_code1">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/is_secured">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#DatatypeProperty"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/FileLink"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >A flag assigned to a FileLink object which, if True, indicates that the file is stored in the repository's file vault; if False, the file is not stored in the repository but is referenced elsewhere.</rdfs:comment>
  </owl:FunctionalProperty>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/authorization">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Person"/>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/city">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/abstract">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/file_role">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/record_mod_datetime">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/name1">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/originating_system">
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/org_name_code">
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/Organization"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
    <rdfs:comment rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
    >An abbreviation for an Organization's name.  Maps to a Part's Manufacturer Name Code.  Corresponds to the parent Organization identifier (Association CAGE) but is a "mnemonic" string.  Therefore, it is not unique among known Organizations, since several locations of the same Organization will have the same Organization Name Code.</rdfs:comment>
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#DatatypeProperty"/>
  </owl:FunctionalProperty>
  <owl:FunctionalProperty rdf:about="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/processor_version">

Re: Problem reading a Protege OWL file

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)
Third line:
    xmlns:pgef="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/"

1. make /, a #
2. don't use pgef here (only in file using it later); but this might not
be a problem

Ch/Michel

H.M. (Michel) Bohms
Senior Consultant Building Innovation
Building and Systems
Business Unit of TNO Built Environment and Geosciences

Email:  [hidden email]
Phone:  +31 15 276 3107
Fax:    +31 15 276 3024

Visiting Address:
Van Mourik Broekmanweg 6
2628 XE Delft
The Netherlands

Postal Address:
P.O. Box 49
2600 AA  Delft
The Netherlands

http://www.tno.nl

The disclaimer that applies to e-mail from TNO Built Environment and Geosciences can be found on http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html

)

Bohms, Michel wrote:
> Third line:
>     xmlns:pgef="http://pangalactic.us/pgef/"
>
> 1. make /, a #
> 2. don't use pgef here (only in file using it later); but this might not
> be a problem

No, that is not the problem.  (If it *were* the problem, that would be yet
another bug in Protege, rather than a problem with my OWL file!  ;)