Including a class hierarchy tree into a subpanel

Including a class hierarchy tree into a subpanel

areymone

Hello,

As the title suggests it, I need to extend the behaviour of an asserted class hierarchy tree that I want to add directly into my custom plugin tab (i.e. not as a removable view). However, I am struggling to find information about which class to implement/extend: should I use ToldOWLClassHierarchyViewComponent? AbstractOWLClassHierarchyViewComponent?

More globally, where can I find more information about the general architecture of the packages and classes of Protégé (the Javadoc does not provide any textual description of the methods) and examples on how to extend some GUI-related classes?

Thanks in advance!

Axel

Re: Including a class hierarchy tree into a subpanel

Lorenz Buehmann

You simply want to have the tree and the buttons I guess, thus, everything that you need is in this class: [1]

There is a tree generated, as well as its renderer and listeners. Basically, it's just a JTree with some extension, i.e. it's Java Swing.

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/blob/master/protege-editor-owl/src/main/java/org/protege/editor/owl/ui/view/AbstractOWLEntityHierarchyViewComponent.java

On 10.04.2018 14:14, Axel Reymonet wrote:

Hello,

As the title suggests it, I need to extend the behaviour of an asserted class hierarchy tree that I want to add directly into my custom plugin tab (i.e. not as a removable view). However, I am struggling to find information about which class to implement/extend: should I use ToldOWLClassHierarchyViewComponent? AbstractOWLClassHierarchyViewComponent?

More globally, where can I find more information about the general architecture of the packages and classes of Protégé (the Javadoc does not provide any textual description of the methods) and examples on how to extend some GUI-related classes?

Thanks in advance!

Axel

Re: Including a class hierarchy tree into a subpanel

areymone

Thanks for the suggestion, it seems that I was looking in the correct location!

I still have a problem: when I try to add this component to my plugin, it is not displayed at all.

I guess there are specific methods to call in the appropriate order for the tree to be displayed…

By chance, does anybody have an example/tutorial on how to initialize and display a ViewComponent inside a plugin tab (which itself is a ViewComponent)?

Axel