Inconsistency with disjoint concepts when adding individuals

Inconsistency with disjoint concepts when adding individuals

Nashwa M.  Abdelghaffar Mohammed
Hi everyone,

I am facing a problem of inconsistency with disjoint classes, particularly when adding some individuals to the ontology. The process of adding individuals is done through a text file contains individuals and their relations to others. So, I don't know which individual has which relation with other individuals.

I will give an example to make things clear. If there are two disjoint concepts called Roof and Chimney and these concepts are defined as follows.
Roof = hasSR some (EC and to some Body)
Chimney = hasSR some (EC and to some Roof)
So, if there is an individual that satisfies the constraints of concept Roof and there is another individual that satisfy constraints of both concepts, then a reasoner detects inconsistency . I know this makes sense, but the problem is I don't know in advance the individuals and the disjointness of the concepts is required.
Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? your help is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Nashwa

Re: Inconsistency with disjoint concepts when adding individuals

Michael DeBellis-2
Nashwa, any inference that the reasoner makes is highlighted and should have a little “?” Icon next to it. Clicking on that icon generates an explanation of how the reasoner made the inference. So if you have an inconsistency you should be able to click on that icon next to the inconsistency and get an explanation of why it’s inconsistent.

Michael