Individual Hierarchy Plugin

Petr Křemen
Folks,

we created a small plugin for visualizing individual trees based on an
object property. The update site is at [1], if possible put it into
plugin registry. Thx

Bests,

Petr Kremen
[1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

Hi Petr,

I’ve added the plugin to the registry and it’s now available in the plugins list in Protege.

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 03:23, Petr Křemen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> we created a small plugin for visualizing individual trees based on an object property. The update site is at [1], if possible put it into plugin registry. Thx
>
> Bests,
>
> Petr Kremen
> [1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

mrinal pandey
Hi Mathew,
I wanted to know the procedure to add the above said Plugin to Protege 4.3. Is there a jar file for the same. If so could you please let me know the location from where I could get the jar file or could you please specify the link from where I can download the jar file.
It would be very Kind if you could provide the same.
Regards,
Mrinal Pandey

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:49 AM, Matthew Horridge-2 [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Petr,

I’ve added the plugin to the registry and it’s now available in the plugins list in Protege.

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 03:23, Petr Křemen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> we created a small plugin for visualizing individual trees based on an object property. The update site is at [1], if possible put it into plugin registry. Thx
>
> Bests,
>
> Petr Kremen
> [1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669289.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

Yevgeny Kazakov
Hi Mrinal,

Since the plugin is added to the registry, it is now be visible in Protege under File > Check for plugins... menu. From there it can be installed.
If you want to download the jar (but not install it) you can use the download link in the update.properties file that was posted above:

- Yevgeny

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:15 PM, mrinal pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mathew,
I wanted to know the procedure to add the above said Plugin to Protege 4.3. Is there a jar file for the same. If so could you please let me know the location from where I could get the jar file or could you please specify the link from where I can download the jar file.
It would be very Kind if you could provide the same.
Regards,
Mrinal Pandey

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:49 AM, Matthew Horridge-2 [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Petr,

I’ve added the plugin to the registry and it’s now available in the plugins list in Protege.

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 03:23, Petr Křemen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> we created a small plugin for visualizing individual trees based on an object property. The update site is at [1], if possible put it into plugin registry. Thx
>
> Bests,
>
> Petr Kremen
> [1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669289.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

mrinal pandey
Hi Yevgeny,
Thanks for the prompt reply request you to kindly help me in installing the plugin. I searched for the ways to install plugin however whenever i follow the above procedure it says that no new plugin's are added in the library or no new plugins are available in the library.
I downloaded the jar form the library and installed it in plugins but i does not show up in the Protege IDE .
Would appreciate an early response to the same.
Regards,
Mrinal Pandey

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669303.html
NAML

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

mrinal pandey
Hi yevgeny,
I also wish to bring to your notice that on installing the given OWL property plugin I am getting the following error-
Inline image 1

It would be very kind if you could guide me on this.
Regards,
Mrinal Pandey

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:51 AM, mrinal pande <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yevgeny,
Thanks for the prompt reply request you to kindly help me in installing the plugin. I searched for the ways to install plugin however whenever i follow the above procedure it says that no new plugin's are added in the library or no new plugins are available in the library.
I downloaded the jar form the library and installed it in plugins but i does not show up in the Protege IDE .
Would appreciate an early response to the same.
Regards,
Mrinal Pandey

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Yevgeny Kazakov [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mrinal,

Since the plugin is added to the registry, it is now be visible in Protege under File > Check for plugins... menu. From there it can be installed.
If you want to download the jar (but not install it) you can use the download link in the update.properties file that was posted above:

- Yevgeny

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:15 PM, mrinal pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mathew,
I wanted to know the procedure to add the above said Plugin to Protege 4.3. Is there a jar file for the same. If so could you please let me know the location from where I could get the jar file or could you please specify the link from where I can download the jar file.
It would be very Kind if you could provide the same.
Regards,
Mrinal Pandey

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:49 AM, Matthew Horridge-2 [via Protege Project] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Petr,

I’ve added the plugin to the registry and it’s now available in the plugins list in Protege.

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 03:23, Petr Křemen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> we created a small plugin for visualizing individual trees based on an object property. The update site is at [1], if possible put it into plugin registry. Thx
>
> Bests,
>
> Petr Kremen
> [1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669289.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669303.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
It would be great if Petr (cc-ed) could give us some clarification here. I have several questions:

Is this plug-in built for Protege 4.X or Protege 5.X?

If it is a Protege 4 plug-in:
- What is the reason for developing it for Protege 4 and not Protege 5? (we do not support earlier versions of Protege for a very long time now)
- Could you update it for Protege 5? (the OWL API version is different, and there are some non-backward-compatible changes between the versions that may require changes to the plug-in, but it should not be too many or too complicated). It would be really great!
- If it won't be upgraded (which it should, really):
    - can you fix it so that it won't throw the Error message that Mrinal observed?
    - we will need to add it to the Protege 4 plugin auto-update repository [1], not the Protege 5 [2](which is currently the case)

If it is a Protege 5 plug-in:
- after I installed it (using the auto-update mechanism) and restarted Protege, the plug-in doesn't load. I get the following error message:
   Could not parse plugins/cz.cvut.kbss.owlhierarchy-0.1.0.jar as plugin/bundle because the manifest.mf file is not present.
Can you please fix it?
- unless it is fixed in a reasonable time, we would have to remove it from the plugin auto-update repository [2]

Thank you very much!
Csongor

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/autoupdate/blob/master/plugins.repository
[2] https://github.com/protegeproject/autoupdate/blob/master/update-info/5.0.0/plugins.repository

On 08/10/2017 09:26 PM, mrinal pandey wrote:
> [...]

> Bests,
>
> Petr Kremen
> [1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669289.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669303.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Hi guys,

sorry for a late answer due to my vacations.

===

2Matthew: thanks for putting things in.

2Csongor: P5, see below.

===

I am sorry about this problem. I am not sure the problem is on the side of the plugin (maybe yes, I haven't checked any P5 documentation for creating update sites yet). The update site I provided returns HTTP 302 (Found, redirect) which is not resolved by Protege plugin installer in order to make another HTTP request for the correct plugin URL. So, it downloads HTTP response instead of a jar file. I kindly ask Matthew/Csongor for explanation on HTTP 302 handling inside Protege.

At this point, you easily get the plugin by 'wget https://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/cz.cvut.kbss.owlhierarchy-0.1.jar' in your $P5_HOME/plugins folder.

I explore changing the update site so that it is P5 compatible and let you know.

Bests,

Petr

On 11/08/17 23:24, Csongor Nyulas wrote:
> [...]

> Bests,
>
> Petr Kremen
> [1] http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz/tools/owlhierarchy/update.properties

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669289.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Individual-Hierarchy-Plugin-tp4668867p4669303.html
To start a new topic under Protege Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Protege Project, click here.
NAML

Sent from the Protege Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Dr. Petr Kremen
Czech Technical University in Prague
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Department of Cybernetics
Head of Knowledge Based and Software Systems Group
Karlovo námestí 13
12000 Praha 2, Czech Republic
phone 00420 224 35 73 50
email [hidden email]
web http://kbss.felk.cvut.cz

Re: Individual Hierarchy Plugin

Petr Křemen

Hi guys,

I modified the update site to point to "https" instead of "http" to avoid the 302 redirect. Now, Protege 5 installs the plugin correctly ... .

Bests,

Petr