Information about configuring the Protege server

Information about configuring the Protege server

Arno Hartholt

Hi all,

We just started running the Protégé server using the basic tutorial provided on the website. I'd like to do some additional configuring, though. I'm especially interested in getting information about clients currently connected to the server and an overview of the changes they made.

Is any additional information about what's possible with the Protégé server available somewhere? Thanks!

Arno Hartholt

Re: Information about configuring the Protege server

Timothy Redmond

Unfortunately tracking this information about clients is not possible
yet.  I am thinking of creating a plugin that tracks such things as
who is logged on and the server load, etc.  I can make this a feature
request if you like.  But tracking who makes what changes is harder.
I am contacting a colleague who may have done something like this in
a server plugin.  I will  get back to you and let you know what she
says.

-Timothy

On May 25, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Arno Hartholt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We just started running the Protégé server using the basic tutorial
> provided on the website. I'd like to do some additional
> configuring, though. I'm especially interested in getting
> information about clients currently connected to the server and an
> overview of the changes they made.
>
> Is any additional information about what's possible with the
> Protégé server available somewhere? Thanks!
>
> Arno Hartholt

Re: Information about configuring the Protege server

Natasha Noy

Yes, you can track the changes with the new change-management plugin
that is being distributed in the latest betas. Please, try it out. I
am not aware if anyone has tried it yet in the server environment,
but it appears that it should work just fine. More information here:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChangeManagement

Please let us know if this works for you!

Natasha

On May 26, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> Unfortunately tracking this information about clients is not possible
> yet.  I am thinking of creating a plugin that tracks such things as
> who is logged on and the server load, etc.  I can make this a feature
> request if you like.  But tracking who makes what changes is harder.
> I am contacting a colleague who may have done something like this in
> a server plugin.  I will  get back to you and let you know what she
> says.
>
> -Timothy
>

> On May 25, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Arno Hartholt wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> We just started running the Protégé server using the basic tutorial
>> provided on the website. I'd like to do some additional
>> configuring, though. I'm especially interested in getting
>> information about clients currently connected to the server and an
>> overview of the changes they made.
>>
>> Is any additional information about what's possible with the
>> Protégé server available somewhere? Thanks!
>>
>> Arno Hartholt
>> subscribe.html

help needed

sivasundararajan gnanavel

hi
this is sivasundararajan gnanavel from anna university.
i am doing my M.E(software engineering) second year and i have to do my
project this year.
i have choosen the semantic web services as my area..
still cannot zero in the area...help me to choose a topic

>From: Natasha Noy <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: [protege-discussion] Re: Information about configuring the Protege
>server
>Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:39:46 -0700
>

>Yes, you can track the changes with the new change-management plugin
>that is being distributed in the latest betas. Please, try it out. I
>am not aware if anyone has tried it yet in the server environment,
>but it appears that it should work just fine. More information here:
>http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChangeManagement
>
>Please let us know if this works for you!
>
>Natasha
>

>On May 26, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:
>

> > Unfortunately tracking this information about clients is not possible
> > yet.  I am thinking of creating a plugin that tracks such things as
> > who is logged on and the server load, etc.  I can make this a feature
> > request if you like.  But tracking who makes what changes is harder.
> > I am contacting a colleague who may have done something like this in
> > a server plugin.  I will  get back to you and let you know what she
> > says.
> >
> > -Timothy
> >

> > On May 25, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Arno Hartholt wrote:
> >

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We just started running the Protégé server using the basic tutorial
> >> provided on the website. I'd like to do some additional
> >> configuring, though. I'm especially interested in getting
> >> information about clients currently connected to the server and an
> >> overview of the changes they made.
> >>
> >> Is any additional information about what's possible with the
> >> Protégé server available somewhere? Thanks!
> >>
> >> Arno Hartholt
> >> subscribe.html

Re: help needed

Alleypa
hey sivasundararajan,

  I could understand your plight. I am also doing my project on semantic web but with a different twist. That area semantic web is so WIDE. You will need to really understand the semantic web and then narrow down your area of concentration or interest. Am doing my MSc (Adv. Software Engineering) project in the aspect of Ontologies. Which is the backbone of this so called semantic web. Am looking at the change management of semantic ontologies. But looking at just one aspect of the Change management ( adding or merging). I will point you this site below - could be of help. They have technical report or deliverables. Go through them and maybe ideas could come up. But dont forget whatever you want to do, someone out there would have done something similar.  http://ontoweb.org/About/Deliverables

  Regards

  Alli.

sivasundararajan gnanavel <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi
this is sivasundararajan gnanavel from anna university.
i am doing my M.E(software engineering) second year and i have to do my
project this year.
i have choosen the semantic web services as my area..
still cannot zero in the area...help me to choose a topic

>From: Natasha Noy
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: [protege-discussion] Re: Information about configuring the Protege
>server
>Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:39:46 -0700
>

>Yes, you can track the changes with the new change-management plugin
>that is being distributed in the latest betas. Please, try it out. I
>am not aware if anyone has tried it yet in the server environment,
>but it appears that it should work just fine. More information here:
>http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChangeManagement
>
>Please let us know if this works for you!
>
>Natasha
>

>On May 26, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:
>

> > Unfortunately tracking this information about clients is not possible
> > yet. I am thinking of creating a plugin that tracks such things as
> > who is logged on and the server load, etc. I can make this a feature
> > request if you like. But tracking who makes what changes is harder.
> > I am contacting a colleague who may have done something like this in
> > a server plugin. I will get back to you and let you know what she
> > says.
> >
> > -Timothy
> >

> > On May 25, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Arno Hartholt wrote:
> >

> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We just started running the Protégé server using the basic tutorial
> >> provided on the website. I'd like to do some additional
> >> configuring, though. I'm especially interested in getting
> >> information about clients currently connected to the server and an
> >> overview of the changes they made.
> >>
> >> Is any additional information about what's possible with the
> >> Protégé server available somewhere? Thanks!
> >>
> >> Arno Hartholt
> >> subscribe.html

Re: help needed

Gaurave Sondhi
Hi Siva,

I too chose the same subject area.  I chose the Airline Domain, basically a
heterogeneous database flight retrival. Hence a semantic search facilty
(agent) which collated flight results - via meta data (RDF on each data
source, hece describe each database, e.g British Airways, Virgin, Air ndia,
etc, were all oon different database platforms, but because described in a
machine processable format (rdf), they can all be searched on via the single
search submitted.

Stored SQL procedures would execute the search.

Also an Ontology was created to describe relations and any cardinalities
within the domain, all the way from what a PLANE is, to what a seat is, to
how many seats, to what a passanger is, and that a passanger occupies a
seat, to what a destianation is , an arrival or departure is, and then
specify its type and hwat not.

I hope ive given you an insight into what i did, and from that go copy it or
spawn another domain something more interesting.

Tip- look into the 7 layers of the sematic web protocol - W3 website is the
best place.

The idea is, that you describe any web resource in my case I was describing
heterogenous web databases from diff flight vendors (in RDF), and also
created the ONTOLOGY for the AIRLINE DOMAIN, like a knowledge base or
dictionary of terms and relationships of the airline domain, the poin of
reference and validation accross the many databases that use diff field
names in theire diff databases (but are the same field) hence this ontotlogy
helps to gather true, rich data.

good luck, holla back if u need a hand.