Install Protege in Ubuntu using shell

Talya
Dear,

I want to install protege 5.0 in Ubuntu based on shell commands. because I
want to install it in a virtual machine.

Thanks in advance

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Install Protege in Ubuntu using shell

Lorenz Buehmann
And now? What is the question? Download Protege and run `run.sh` script

On 19.06.2018 12:01, Talya wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I want to install protege 5.0 in Ubuntu based on shell commands. because I
> want to install it in a virtual machine.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Install Protege in Ubuntu using shell

Talya
Dear,

The question that I work on a virtual machine and not my personal machine.
How may I download protege in this machine and execute it.

Because I need to manipulate my owl file from this VM and not in my machine.

with shell to install a software we use sudo apt-get install (the name of
the software).

I want to know how may I do this.

Thanks very much

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Install Protege in Ubuntu using shell

samsontu
Isn’t apt-get a tool for installing Linux packages? Protege is not a Linux package and I don’t think you can install it that way.

Perhaps the problem is that you don’t have a command-line web-browser that you can use to download Protege? Google “command line web browser linux” should give you a number of options. Use one to download the zip version of Protege and unzip it.

With best regards,
Samson

On Jun 19, 2018, at 8:57 AM, Talya <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear,

The question that I work on a virtual machine and not my personal machine.
How may I download protege in this machine and execute it.

Because I need to manipulate my owl file from this VM and not in my machine.

with shell to install a software we use sudo apt-get install (the name of
the software).

I want to know how may I do this.

Thanks very much

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: Install Protege in Ubuntu using shell

Protege is not a Debian package, thus, I don't know what you're asking
about apt.

Just download the tarball file, extract it, and run it.