It has a tool that represents an OWL ontology in format UML ?

It has a tool that represents an OWL ontology in format UML ?

Alexandre Parra
           Hi all,

           I would like to know if has some open source tool that informing
a ontology it returns in format like UML the description from the classes
and the properties from these classes represent in this ontology.
           Debtor for the attention,

                     Alexander Parra.

It has a tool that represents an OWL ontology in format UML ?

Jason Blind
 I'm encountering the following error while trying to load a protege project
file using the code below:

[Error: non-existent slot: tabbed_instance_form_layout]

Set errors = new HashSet();
Project result = Project.loadProjectFromFile(projectFilePath, errors);

I've been using the same project file and code for some time without any
problems. Yesterday, however I did try using the UMLSTab for the first time
by selecting the checkbox  Project-->Configure-->Tab Widgets-->UMLSTab.  The
tab came up blank, so I unchecked it to remove the UMLSTab.  All seemed
well.  When I closed the project file I unthoughtfully clicked 'Save
Changes'(under the impression that i hadn't made any significant changes).

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?  Is there a simple edit i can
make to the .pprj file to resolve the issue?  Any and all advice would be
appreciated.

thnx.

-- jason

Re: Error: non-existent slot: tabbed_instance_form_layout

samsontu

Jason Blind wrote:

>  [Sorry for the duplicate message; i had a bad Subject header in the last
> one:^)]
>
> I'm encountering the following error while trying to load a protege project
> file using the code below:
>
> [Error: non-existent slot: tabbed_instance_form_layout]
>
> Set errors = new HashSet();
> Project result = Project.loadProjectFromFile(projectFilePath, errors);

I think you saved the project in a more recent version of Protege (3.1?)
that supports tabbed instance form, but your code is using an earlier
version of Protege that does not.

Samson
--
Samson Tu                    email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Scientist    web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/

Re: Error: non-existent slot: tabbed_instance_form_layout

Tania Tudorache

Jason,

you can rebuild the project file (pprj) by selecting "New project" in
the "File" menu and then enable the "Create from existing sources"
checkbox and follow the wizard steps.
You will have to specify the pins and pons files and a new pprj file
will be created for you. That should solve the problem.

Tania

Samson Tu wrote:

>Jason Blind wrote:
>

>> [Sorry for the duplicate message; i had a bad Subject header in the last
>>one:^)]
>>
>>I'm encountering the following error while trying to load a protege project
>>file using the code below:
>>
>>[Error: non-existent slot: tabbed_instance_form_layout]
>>
>>Set errors = new HashSet();
>>Project result = Project.loadProjectFromFile(projectFilePath, errors);
>>

>I think you saved the project in a more recent version of Protege (3.1?)
>that supports tabbed instance form, but your code is using an earlier
>version of Protege that does not.
>
>Samson

Re: It has a tool that represents an OWL ontology in format UML ?

Jennifer Vendetti

Alexandre,

On our Wiki, there is a plug-in written for an older version of Protege
that allows you to import/export your ontology in UML:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UMLBackend

Jennifer

Alexandre Parra wrote:

>           Hi all,
>
>           I would like to know if has some open source tool that informing
>a ontology it returns in format like UML the description from the classes
>and the properties from these classes represent in this ontology.
>           Debtor for the attention,
>
>                     Alexander Parra.

Re: It has a tool that represents an OWL ontology in format UML ?

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
 Sorry - I just noticed the word "OWL" in the subject line of your post.
Youshould try posting this message to the protege-owl mailing list.

Jennifer

Jennifer Vendetti wrote: Alexandre, On our Wiki, there is a plug-in written
for an older version of Protege that allows you to import/export your
ontology in UML: http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UMLBackend[1]
Jennifer Alexandre Parra wrote: Hi all, I would like to know if has some
opensource tool that informing a ontology it returns in format like UML the
description from the classes and the properties from these classes represent
in this ontology. Debtor for the attention, Alexander Parra.

Creating RDF triples with Protege

Iulian Alecu

 Hi,

I'm trying to create a RDF file with Protege, my problem is that I don't
know how to create RDF triples.

More precisely, when I'm declaring a property (slots tab) I'm asked to fill
the domain and range. In the classes tab none of the inputs looks to me like
Predicate and/or Object ( to complete a RDF triple). I must add that I tryed
the most of them .

Where am I wrong ? Can anyone help me ? Is Protege the right tool for
editing RDF triples ?

Thanks in advance !

Iulian Alecu

Re: Error: non-existent slot: tabbed_instance_form_layout

Jason Blind
 that did the trick.  Thnx.

-- jason

Tania Tudorache wrote: Jason, you can rebuild the project file (pprj) by
selecting "New project" in the "File" menu and then enable the "Create from
existing sources" checkbox and follow the wizard steps. You will have to
specify the pins and pons files and a new pprj file will be created for you.
That should solve the problem. Tania Samson Tu wrote: Jason Blind wrote:
[Sorry for the duplicate message; i had a bad Subject header in the last
one:^)] I'm encountering the following error while trying to load a protege
project file using the code below: [Error: non-existent slot:
tabbed_instance_form_layout] Set errors = new HashSet(); Project result =
Project.loadProjectFromFile(projectFilePath, errors); I think you saved the
project in a more recent version of Protege (3.1?) that supports tabbed
instance form, but your code is using an earlier version of Protege that
doesnot. Samson

Re: Creating RDF triples with Protege

Tania Tudorache

Iulian,

there are two ways of editing RDF(S) models in Protege: using the RDF
backend, or using the OWL/RDF backend. I suspect you are using the
latter one.

Anyway, in both of them you can edit a RDFS model - in which you define
the classes and properties of your model and then you can edit the
individuals of the classes that you have defined. For example, if you
define a class "Person" (which is an rdfs:Class) and define a property
"age" (rdf:Property), you can create an individual of the class Person,
say "Person1" (which will have rdf:type  "kb:Person") and set his age to
20.

In the RDF backend, there is no way to create from the GUI rdf:Statements.

But, in the "OWL/RDF backend" , Protege 3.1.1, if you make the system
classes visible, Menu "OWL" -> Preferences -> Visibility -> click "Other
classes", then you can create in the IndividualsTab an instance of
rdf:Statement and fill in the subject, object and predicate. This is all
support you get for editing rdf:Statements.

Tania