Java unknown host exception when I attempt to reload previously saved Protege projects

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Java unknown host exception when I attempt to reload previously saved Protege projects

Murray, William R
Hi,

(apologies if this gets posted multiple
times I couldn't tell when I was accepted
as a list member)

I'm a new Protege user, so hope this
question hasn't been asked 10,000
times before, but here goes...

When I try to reload a Protege project
I just saved yesterday I get this Java
error:

java.net.UnknownHostException: protege.stanford.edu
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.runImports(Pr
otegeOWLParser.java:593)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(ProtegeOW
LParser.java:477)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(ProtegeOW
LParser.java:442)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(ProtegeOW
LParser.java:437)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(ProtegeOW
LParser.java:629)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(JenaOWLModel.java:1
96)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(JenaOWLModel.java:2
20)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowledg
eBase(JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory.java:143)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadDomainKB(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.createDomainKnowledgeBase(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadProjectFromURI(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.loadProject(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProject(Unknown Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.getRequestedProject(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown
Source)
        at
edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.OpenProject.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

but I have no problems loading and running the Protege examples. Any
idea
what the problem is? I'm running behind a firewall at Boeing, if the
firewall is
the problem how do I fix the error?

Tnx,
       Bill

William R. Murray, Ph.D.
Knowledge Systems Group,
Mathematics & Computing Technology,
Boeing Phantom Works
425-865-2308
425-865-2964 (FAX)
[hidden email]

P.S. If I just type in protege.stanford.edu
into my browser's address box it finds the
web site with no trouble, so I don't know
why it fails from within Java.

Apologies if email resent, my first attempt
was rejected.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe go to http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java unknown host exception when I attempt to reload previously saved Protege projects

Almut Herzog
Murray, William R wrote:
> When I try to reload a Protege project
> I just saved yesterday I get this Java
> error:
>
> java.net.UnknownHostException: protege.stanford.edu
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

Do you run a personal firewall that allows your browser to open
connections but does not allow Java to open connections? Does your
corporate firewall have this policy (that would be weird, the corporate
firewall should allow http traffic but maybe check with the adm)?

/Almut
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe go to http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Java unknown host exception when I attempt to reload previously saved Protege projects

Matthew Horridge
In reply to this post by Murray, William R
Hi Bill,

It looks like Protege-OWL is trying to import an ontology from the  
web, but your firewall is perhaps stopping this from happening.  Can  
you provide local copies of the ontologies that are being imported?  
If so, you could use the repository mechanism [1] to load the local  
copies.

Cheers,

Matthew

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OWL_Imports_Repositories


On 4 May 2006, at 20:47, Murray, William R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (apologies if this gets posted multiple
> times I couldn't tell when I was accepted
> as a list member)
>
> I'm a new Protege user, so hope this
> question hasn't been asked 10,000
> times before, but here goes...
>
> When I try to reload a Protege project
> I just saved yesterday I get this Java
> error:
>
> java.net.UnknownHostException: protege.stanford.edu
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown  
> Source)
> at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.runImports(
> Pr
> otegeOWLParser.java:593)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run
> (ProtegeOW
> LParser.java:477)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run
> (ProtegeOW
> LParser.java:442)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run
> (ProtegeOW
> LParser.java:437)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run
> (ProtegeOW
> LParser.java:629)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load
> (JenaOWLModel.java:1
> 96)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load
> (JenaOWLModel.java:2
> 20)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory.loadKnowle
> dg
> eBase(JenaKnowledgeBaseFactory.java:143)
> at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadDomainKB(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.createDomainKnowledgeBase
> (Unknown
> Source)
> at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.loadProjectFromURI(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.loadProject(Unknown  
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.ProjectChooser.getProject(Unknown  
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.getRequestedProject(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.ProjectManager.openProjectRequest(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> edu.stanford.smi.protege.action.OpenProject.actionPerformed(Unknown
> Source)
> at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
> Source)
> at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
> Source)
> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
> Source)
> at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
> at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> but I have no problems loading and running the Protege examples. Any
> idea
> what the problem is? I'm running behind a firewall at Boeing, if the
> firewall is
> the problem how do I fix the error?
>
> Tnx,
>        Bill
>
> William R. Murray, Ph.D.
> Knowledge Systems Group,
> Mathematics & Computing Technology,
> Boeing Phantom Works
> 425-865-2308
> 425-865-2964 (FAX)
> [hidden email]
>
> P.S. If I just type in protege.stanford.edu
> into my browser's address box it finds the
> web site with no trouble, so I don't know
> why it fails from within Java.
>
> Apologies if email resent, my first attempt
> was rejected.
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to http://protege.stanford.edu/community/ 
> subscribe.html
>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe go to http://protege.stanford.edu/community/subscribe.html