Jess Rules and CMD

Gianluigi Loffreda
Finally my SWRL tab works perfectly.
I installed Jess and copied jess.jar in the plugin folder and it works correctly.

I have just one problem. Following the jess installation instructions I read that right after the unzip I could create an environment variable JAVA_HOME with the path of the java.exe to use the Jess also from the Command Prompt.

I created the variable and set it with the correct path but I get a message that states that the path is uncorrect because it is not a J2SDK installation.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue?

Many thanks.

Gianluigi
Gianluigi Loffreda

Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: Jess Rules and CMD

Martin O'Connor

This sounds more like a Jess issue rather than a Protege issue.

You can find the Jess mailing list here:

http://www.jessrules.com/mailing_list.shtml

Martin

On 4/20/2012 7:05 AM, Gianluigi Loffreda wrote:

> Finally my SWRL tab works perfectly.
> I installed Jess and copied jess.jar in the plugin folder and it works
> correctly.
>
> I have just one problem. Following the jess installation instructions I read
> that right after the unzip I could create an environment variable JAVA_HOME
> with the path of the java.exe to use the Jess also from the Command Prompt.
>
> I created the variable and set it with the correct path but I get a message
> that states that the path is uncorrect because it is not a J2SDK
> installation.
>
> Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Gianluigi
>
> -----
> Gianluigi Loffreda
>
> Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)

Re: Jess Rules and CMD

Gianluigi Loffreda
Thanks Martin, you're right.

Thank you for the link, I've just sent the message to the Jess mailing list.