Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

dceddy

What would cause a JRE load failure and Jess not working in the SWRL tab?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Re: Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

samsontu

On Sep 7, 2014, at 7:28 AM, dceddy <[hidden email]> wrote:

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4661418/JRE_load_failure.jpg>

What would cause a JRE load failure and Jess not working in the SWRL tab?

Is your Jess software a licensed copy? The Jess jar file that's freely downloadable expires after a period of time.

With best regards,
Samson
--
Samson Tu                                                     email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Scientist                               web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/

Re: Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

dceddy
Yes, we've downloaded the 30 day version, and have 26 days remaining on that license.

Re: Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

Martin O'Connor-3

Did you copy the Jess JAR to the plugins directory?

See:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLJessInstall

Martin

On Sep 7, 2014, at 8:31 AM, dceddy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, we've downloaded the 30 day version, and have 26 days remaining on that
> license.

Re: Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

dceddy
Thanks that is what it was, and it is working now.  I had misinterpreted an instruction for that procedure that I had found elsewhere.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Re: Jess button on the SWRL tab to execute rules

Gianluigi Loffreda
Did anyone found away to add a similar button to "run" the reasoner "ad hoc", when you want to check rules in the last Protégé version?
Is the START/STOP reasoner the only way?
And also... Is it possibile to select the SWRL rules you want to check?

Actually with the last Protégé version if I created 10 rules, all of them will be checked, modifying values and so on (depending on the specific rule).
I'd like to be able (as in 3.4.8 version) to select the rules I want to run each time according to evolving needs.

Thanks

Gianluigi

Thanks that is what it was, and it is working now.  I had misinterpreted an
instruction for that procedure that I had found elsewhere.  Thanks for
pointing me in the right direction.

Rispetta l'ambiente.

Non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.

Gianluigi Loffreda

INGEGNERE - DOTTORE DI RICERCA

 tel . +39 3407582251

Gianluigi Loffreda