Load ontology from protege server

ulrich thye
Hello,

I like to load owl files from protege server as multi-user with java-api
but I down´t know where to start to setup the connection.

Has anybody an short example or can show me the main steps?

Thank you in advance

Ulrich

Re: Load ontology from protege server

Timothy Redmond

Take a look at
    http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial

-Timothy

ulrich thye wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I like to load owl files from protege server as multi-user with java-api
> but I down´t know where to start to setup the connection.
>
> Has anybody an short example or can show me the main steps?
>

> Thank you in advance
>
> Ulrich

Re: Load ontology from protege server

ulrich thye
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:26:17 -0700
Timothy Redmond <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Take a look at
>     http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MultiUserTutorial

Yes, I have read that, and it works...

but I like to know how to set up a conection programaticaly

like:
   OWLModel owlModel = ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(uri);

I haven´t try uri=rmi://hostname/projektname (it´s seems to simple) ?,

I suppose I have first establish a connection to the server....

Thanks

Ulrich

Re: Load ontology from protege server

Timothy Redmond

To get the project remotely use the RemoteProjectManager.

     RemoteProjectManager rpm = RemoteProjectManager.getInstance();
     Project p = rpm.getProject("localhost", "Timothy Redmond",
"troglodyte", "Pizza", true);
     OWLModel om = (OWLModel) p.getKnowledgeBase();
     OWLNamedClass pizza = om.getOWLNamedClass("Pizza");

-Timothy