Cynthia Grondin
Dear Protege Developers,

I am trying to load and edit an ontology in Protege 5 that was developed with Obo-Edit.  It seemed to load fine, but approximately half of the classes and subclasses are now contained in single quotation marks.  These single quotation marks are not shown in the annotation view under rdfs:label.  Is this an artifact of the obo file?  Why is this happening and what is the best way to eliminate them?

Inline image 1

Thanks,

Cindy

Re: Loading obo file

Chris Mungall-2
Hi Cindy,

This has nothing to do with the obo file - this is just how Protege
renders any label with a space in it.

It's useful to bear this in mind when using things like the DL query tab
or the class expression editor, you need to use the quotes to refer to
any class whose label has spaces in it. This is required so that the
expression can be parsed unambiguously.