Francisco Abad Navarro

Hi all, I am trying to get a local instance of web protégé configured to deal with our ontologies.

I am doing several tests with different ontologies and I am getting some performance issues. For example, I uploaded NCBI Taxon ontology (1.35GB) into web protégé and, every time I want to open it, it takes more than one minute. I am using web protégé 4.0.0 beta-2, and tomcat has 20G of memory assigned. I think setting the dormant project time property to prevent WebProtege from ejecting ontologies from memory is not a feasible option because users are going to upload more ontologies when the system goes to production environment, and I am not very sure if all of them would fit in memory.

Do you have any tip to improve the web protégé loading performance with big ontologies?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Loading performance in web protege

Hi Francisco,

I’ve filed an issue for this here:

Discussion of this should continue on the GitHub issues tracker.