Looking for SKOS editor

WorldVision
Hi, I'm trying to import an SKOS file in webprotege, which per history
succeeded, but I have no concepts or classes in my project. It could be a
user error but the only imports I see are on Create Project and Project >
Uploads, which have no apparent outcome.

I need to share the taxonomy, so a web service is much better than desktop
software. I have little/no IT support, so installing something on a server
is virtually impossible. If we did get support, we have Windows servers.

Underlying goal: Get a user friendly way to crowdsource input on a
Sharepoint 2013 managed metadata taxonomy. I've gotten to SKOS via Layer2
Knowledge Management Suite. I'd switch to another Sharepoint Taxonomy
management tool or another SKOS tool in a heartbeat; so far I'm struggling
with no success.

I'm cycling through the tools on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Knowledge_Organization_System > Tools
with great frustration. Any tips are appreciated.

Carole

Re: Looking for SKOS editor

Reto Schneider
hi
have you tried https://skosshuttle.ch/?
Greets, Reto

Re: Looking for SKOS editor

Philippe.Genoud@imag.fr

Le 23/05/2018 à 22:41, WorldVision a écrit :
> Hi, I'm trying to import an SKOS file in webprotege, which per history
> succeeded, but I have no concepts or classes in my project. It could be a
> user error but the only imports I see are on Create Project and Project >
> Uploads, which have no apparent outcome.
>
> I need to share the taxonomy, so a web service is much better than desktop
> software. I have little/no IT support, so installing something on a server
> is virtually impossible. If we did get support, we have Windows servers.
look at at Vocbench"VocBench is a web-based, multilingual, collaborative
development platform for managing OWL ontologies, SKOS(XL) thesauri and
generic RDF datasets"
http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/

unfortunately, you will probably have to install it on a server.

Philippe

> Underlying goal: Get a user friendly way to crowdsource input on a
> Sharepoint 2013 managed metadata taxonomy. I've gotten to SKOS via Layer2
> Knowledge Management Suite. I'd switch to another Sharepoint Taxonomy
> management tool or another SKOS tool in a heartbeat; so far I'm struggling
> with no success.
>
> I'm cycling through the tools on
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Knowledge_Organization_System > Tools
> with great frustration. Any tips are appreciated.
>
> Carole

Philippe Genoud
Universite Grenoble Alpes
STEAMER group
Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (LIG)
Bâtiment IMAG
700 avenue Centrale
Domaine Universitaire - 38401 St Martin d'Hères