Loosing contents of custom tab

Langley, Brent
When I create a new tab, and then populate it with several of your content panes, it seems to loose the layout info after logout and re-login.
I’m using WebProtege to make a tab with 3 columns, equally spaced.  After populating and tweaking, I click the save button on the far right.
But next time I return, things are all messed up.

Is the customized panel/tab feature still in-development, or did I miss a step?

Also, I thought I had read in one of the whitepapers that UI customization could be at the project/ontology level, or at the user level.  Can this be implemented with the public webprotege instance, or is that reserved for local installations?

…Brent

Re: Loosing contents of custom tab

Tania Tudorache
Hi Brent,

Indeed, there is a bug in the saving of the configurations of the custom tabs. I have filed a bug report for it:

https://github.com/protegeproject/webprotege/issues/86

What happens now is that the portlets are preserved when you save the layout of the tab, but their positions are not, so all the portlets will show up in the last column of the tab.

We are working on a new UI and portal infrastructure that will address this problem.

WebProtege can indeed handle different UI customizations at the project and/or user level. We do not have currently a user interface to allow you to save these configurations from WebProtege. Currently, if you save the configuration, it will be stored as a user configuration for a that particular project.

While we work on these features, I am happy to create these configurations for you. The custom tab would also work. If you are interested, please send me the configurations you would like to have and the project name.

Tania