Manchester Syntax Question: cardinalities and choice between multiple properties

Manchester Syntax Question: cardinalities and choice between multiple properties

Christian
Hello,

I would like to express a class, that has at least 2 objectProperties of a given set. I would expect, that it would look like:

MyClass and (firstProperty or secondProperty) min 2 MyOtherClass

But that doesn't work. However, I was able to express that by writing:

MyClass
and
(firstProperty min 2 MyOtherClass)
or
(secondProperty min 2 MyOtherClass)
or
(
 (firstProperty min 1 MyOtherClass)
 and
 (secondProperty min 1 MyOtherClass)
)

So now I wonder, if there is a more convenient shorter way to write this expression or not.

greetings and a nice weekend,
Christian

Re: Manchester Syntax Question: cardinalities and choice between multiple properties

Lorenz Buehmann
Hello Christian,

shortly asnwer, no. There is no OWL construct that allows for the union
of OWL property expressions.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

> Hello,
>
> I would like to express a class, that has at least 2 objectProperties of a
> given set. I would expect, that it would look like:
>
> MyClass and (firstProperty or secondProperty) min 2 MyOtherClass
>
> But that doesn't work. However, I was able to express that by writing:
>
> /MyClass
> and
> (firstProperty min 2 MyOtherClass)
> or
> (secondProperty min 2 MyOtherClass)
> or
> (
>   (firstProperty min 1 MyOtherClass)
>   and
>   (secondProperty min 1 MyOtherClass)
> )
> /
>
> So now I wonder, if there is a more convenient shorter way to write this
> expression or not.
>
> greetings and a nice weekend,
> Christian

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center

AW: Manchester Syntax Question: cardinalities and choice between multiple properties

Christian

Hello Lorenz,

Thanks for the fast reply. Then I have to work with a generic superProperty I guess.

Regards,

Christian

shortly asnwer, no. There is no OWL construct that allows for the union
of OWL property expressions.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

> Hello,
>
> I would like to express a class, that has at least 2 objectProperties of a
> given set. I would expect, that it would look like:
>
> MyClass and (firstProperty or secondProperty) min 2 MyOtherClass
>
> But that doesn't work. However, I was able to express that by writing:
>
> /MyClass
> and
> (firstProperty min 2 MyOtherClass)
> or
> (secondProperty min 2 MyOtherClass)
> or
> (
>   (firstProperty min 1 MyOtherClass)
>   and
>   (secondProperty min 1 MyOtherClass)
> )
> /
>
> So now I wonder, if there is a more convenient shorter way to write this
> expression or not.
>
> greetings and a nice weekend,
> Christian

Lorenz Bühmann