MappingMaster DSL questions : On object property

MappingMaster DSL questions : On object property

Sayed Nafiz Haider
Dear users,

I have an object property named "usesMethods" which relates individuals from
two different classes, namely, "Case" and "Design". Both "Case" and "Design"
are subclass of "owl:Thing" and are at the same hierarchy. The individuals
of "Case" are different cases. "Design" class has three subclasses and the
individuals of these three subclasses are diffent methods. The domain of
"usesMethods" is "Case" and range is "Design". It is not clear from the
documentation how to set transformation rules for mapping object properties.
I have set the following :

Individual: @A*
  Types: Case
Facts: Abstract @B*(xsd:string)
Facts: focusAreas @C*(rdf:Plainliteral)
Facts: atLocation @E*(rdf:Plainliteral)
Facts: usesMethods@D*(rdf:Plainliteral)

Line 3-5 are used to set data properties. Line 6 is actually used to set
object property. I am not sure if this is the way. However, once I see the
resultant ontology using ontograf, I don't see the links going from the
individuals of "Case" to the individuals of the three subclasses of
"Design". If I select the specific individual of "Case", I can see the
object property assersions in the property assertions box. If I don't use
MappingMasterDSL, that is , if I do it manually, I can see the links visible
in ontograf, that is everything works as it should be. Please help!

Look forward to your help!

Re: MappingMaster DSL questions : On object property

Martin O'Connor-2

Can you post a link to the ontology that you are using (or send it privately if it is large).

Note that Mapping Master can automatically distinguish between data and object properties named in expressions - so explicit type qualification is not the the usesMethods object property in your example.

In the example below you declare that the object property usesMethods in a plain literal, which is  a contradiction.

Martin