MappingMaster: multiple text processing methods

MappingMaster: multiple text processing methods

kcason

I have a case, using MappingMaster, where I need to edit the cell data in two different ways. Is this possible?

1)      Convert to upper case

2)      prepend “i_” to visually indicate it’s an individual

I tried using two text processing methods at the same time but when I click “Generate Axioms” it says it is an invalid rule.

Here are rules I tried:

·         Individual: @B*(mm:toUpperCase mm:prepend(“i_”)) Types: Attack

·         Individual: @B*( mm:toUpperCase(mm:prepend(“i_”))) Types: Attack

I would also like to eliminate white space but figured I’d try these two first.

How can I use more than one text processing method?

Thanks,

-Kenny Cason

Radiance Technologies

Cyber Solutions Group

3133 General Hudnell Dr. Ste. 116
San Antonio, TX 78226

[hidden email]

206.550.0049

Re: MappingMaster: multiple text processing methods

Martin O'Connor-2

Mapping Master does not allow more than one value extraction function to be used in a reference clause or does not allow them to be nested in the way you are attempting.

However, it does allow parameters to value extraction functions to contain references - which can themselves contain value extraction functions.

For example:

 Class: @A1(mm:printf("_%s", @A1(mm:toUpperCase))) Types: Attack

 Class: @A1(mm:prepend("_", @A1(mm:toUpperCase))) Types: Attack

With mm:printf you can do quite a bit of value massaging.

Martin